Cal Poly SLO Class of 2025 Regular Decision

Me too. :slight_smile:

Me too the waiting is so hard. I am trying to get her excited for her other choices but Cal Ply was her number one. And no word is hard to move forward. Best of luck to everyone!

Where does it say ā€œon holdā€ and has it been there all along?

Absolutely no where. It was just a member musing about calling or naming the period of waiting for a SLO answer. ā€œOn holdā€ = purgatory.

1 Like

My son was accepted last year to Cal Poly Pomona in an alternate engineering major (Chose Aero Eng but in for Manufacturing Eng). He was waitlisted for Electrical Eng. at Cal Poly SLO. He was accepted off the waitlist 4/1. Yes, April Fools day. Best day ever! CP Pomona is a hidden gem and should not be treated any longer as a safety school.

4 Likes

Is your son at SLO or Pomona and which major?
Our son is waiting on SLO (assuming declined) and accepted at Pomona for Aero Eng. Waiting on some UCs then itā€™s decision time.

I was rejected at pomona for mechanical engineering but waitlisted at slo for general engineering

Wishing you luck on the waitlist. Hopefully you have some other schools that accepted so you have some choices.

He is at SLO and so happy to be there! He is there with his older brother - both in Electrical Engineering. CPP Aero is an outstanding program if he does not get off the waitlist at SLO. Keep happy thoughts and do not give up! My nephew was Mechanical Eng. at Pomona and really enjoyed it. If your son wants to keep everything in perspective, have him check out collegescorecard.com for salary differentials. Either school will make you proud and him a solid engineer! Best to you!

2 Likes

Did he opt in at SLO for an alternate degree? If he gets in with that - you can always swap into your first choice - you have to talk w the department and keep up your grades but the department is FLEXIBLE. Look into ā€œchanging your majorā€ on the cal poly website.

1 Like

@evanwhitchurch - My daughter was accepted into Environmental Engineering. Have you heard anything?

Thank you for the info. His sister is a 3rd year OCOB major at SLO. Both SLO & Pomona are great schools. We are still waiting for word from SLO. Nothing yet on the portal. He did an alternate degree. We are keeping happy thoughts! :grinning:

Does anyone know/has anyone heard rumors of when the next batch of Cal Poly decisions will come out?

2 Likes

Should we worry if we havenā€™t heard anything yet? My daughter applied to communication.

3 Likes

I donā€™t know, my son hasnā€™t heard anything from SLO so far. Applying for CS in state.

Thanks for letting me and best of luck to him and all his endeavors:)

1 Like

I keep hearing that they have not released all the Freshman decisions yet but thatā€™s just what Iā€™ve gleaned from reading various threads Over and over and over.

1 Like

Itā€™s confusing as some applicants heard at the end of February! Keeping our fingers crossed.
Thank you for sharing.

1 Like

They have surely not released all decisions, but they may have released all acceptances. We just donā€™t know for sure, nor can we know for sure.

2 Likes

True!