Cal Poly SLO Class of 2025 Regular Decision

That is my guess, daughter is still pending. She is over it and just wants a no at this point

4 Likes

That sounds about right - has anyone heard of a denial yet from Cal Poly this year?!

No denials yet. We are now over 3 weeks from the in-state admissions release. If it matches last year, rejections might come out friday evening.

1 Like

No denials yet. In looking through last year’s posts on here and Reddit, denials starting popping up around 3/27.

Acceptance started later last year.

That is true. Last year’s acceptances began around 3/3, waitlist around 3/11, then denials around 3/27. This year’s acceptances were a week earlier.

1 Like

On a happier note for those on the WL, some kids got accepted off the WL at the same time the rejections came out last year.

4 Likes

My friend’s son got off the WL for CS around then last year. Opted for UCSD though.

1 Like

Interesting, that also coincides with the upper tier UC decisions that typically come at the end of March. I wonder if CP releases their last batch after the UCs to see how those decisions effect their yield. This would give them the opportunity to see how many of the high stats kids take offers elsewhere. At that point they accept a few more, add to the waitlist and/or take kids off the waitlist.

3 Likes

My daughter applied to communications as well and has heard nothing either.

Not sure what game they are playing at, but if they are in actuality all done with admits and waits and are just going to dump rejections on the rest of these kids, that’s pretty shameful and tone deaf. My kid’s already wished them good riddance, reasoning that if this is how they treat applicants, what about actual students?

5 Likes

That’s great thinking. I wish my son would do that. He got into a great private, WPI, for his preferred major that is a good match for him. His dream has been to stay in CA and go to SLO so it’s hard for him to move on without hearing from them. He got a rejection from CP Pomona a month ago, a rejection from CUI yesterday, accept from Merced a few weeks ago. I think writing is on the wall for SLO. Just rip off the bandaid!!

Hey guys, if you got waitlisted but aren’t interested anymore/committed elsewhere please opt-out! Thank you sooo much :blush: :blush:

8 Likes

a million times yes please to this :v:

4 Likes

transfer still have no decision :frowning: what is life

Yes, please! It really helps out those who are waitlisted!

2 Likes

Transfers are rolling out now. Hoping you get good news.

1 Like

Maybe CP will do it in style like SDSU, who just released a whole batch of admits, waitlists and rejections and then the portal crashed. So done with CSU system

3 Likes

I applied for Art & Design but it still says no decision yet. However, I am not “on hold” like what other people were saying
should I be expecting a reject or waitlist though?

1 Like

FYI, there is no actual “on hold” status. People just felt like they were on hold.

4 Likes