Cal Poly SLO Class of 2025 Regular Decision

Ah I see, I must’ve missed that part when I was skimming this thread :sweat_smile: . Thanks!

we are in the same boat. no decision. I haven’t seen anyone admitted in to art & design. recall portfolios were only due on 2/23. hope that makes you feel better.

1 Like

So the transfer decisions came out tonight, so perhaps they can get the freshman decisions out next?

1 Like

Yea Im willing to bet they are done sending out acceptances they are just trying to see how many will enroll early so they know how many people they need to waitlist

1 Like

They are finished with waitlists right?

Website is down. I think this happened the day before the last wave of decisions were released. We have “no determination” which I’m assuming is a no at this point. :frowning:

Someone in the transfer thread said that it goes down every Wednesday night for maintenance! I don’t think it means anything :slight_smile:

Have any CS Freshman been admitted yet?

1 Like

Yes

I feel like I saw some, but can’t be certain. My son’s waiting for CS too.

1 Like

That’s funny the web portal went down but mine is still pending! LOl! will hopefully wait until tomorrow! LFMAO!

So, I just went through the decisions stats only thread for freshman applicants, and from what’s there, it looks like there were CS acceptances two and three weeks ago, and some waitlists almost a week ago, and that’s it.

That seems like bas news, but hope it is not.

im applying as a psych major and still haven’t heard back. Is this a bad sign?

Thank you so much for letting me know.

Has anyone been able to tour the CPSLO campus in person? Or do you have a current student at Cal Poly? My son was accepted for Aerospace Engineering, but hasn’t been able to step foot on a single campus he applied to. Our county had super strict travel restrictions with Covid. He has obviously taken the virtual tour, and we know the Aero Engr program has a great reputation, but looking to see what people think about the vibe of the campus, etc…

Hi! I recently went and toured some of the campuses I applied to and Cal Poly was one I went too. It was super nice and and a really nice area. You’re definitely able to go and just walk around, at least I was! I also don’t know anyone there or anything.

1 Like

Its a really cool campus and the town is very friendly as well. There’s also a beach nearby!

1 Like

We toured twice with D21 pre-Covid and once with D18. The vibe is very laid back with an excellent work/life balance IMO. The campus is set between the ocean and green mountains. People rave about the hiking, etc.

The buildings won’t remind you of the Ivy League, but there’s a new dining hall/building and a new-ish recreation building. And they’ve also built new dorms and apartments. SLO now offers a 2-year on campus housing program. The campus at 9,000 acres in one of the largest in CA. The town is cute with many restaurants and cafes with great social vibe.

Lastly, it’s virtually all undergraduates at SLO. And professors teach their classes not GSI’s.

4 Likes

SLO County had relatively low Covid numbers too.

1 Like