Cal Poly SLO Class of 2025 Regular Decision

My son still hasn’t heard anything from SLO and isn’t optimistic about it. In the meantime, he’s been accepted to UCI, UCSB, Davis, UCSC, UC Riverside, UW, Santa Clara, and SDSU. Hard to know what SLO is looking for. I feel for all of you who are still waiting and hoping to attend SLO.

5 Likes

My daughter, who was accepted earlier, received notice of a scholarship today. It’s $6K but for the first year only. It’s a “partner high school” scholarship.

He must have awesome stats. He might still get into SLO. Does he prefer SLO over all those universities? What major?

What are “partner high schools”?

Thank you. He has good stats, but so do so many other kids who have applied at all of these schools, so he feels very fortunate to have some good options. His major is Biomed Engineering (Bio at UCSB). At this point he’s leaning towards UCI or UCSB. He’s waiting to see where the decisions come in at the remaining UCs and then will make some decisions.

We aren’t sure. She goes to a public high school in California.

1 Like

Nearby?

1 Like

Just get the denials out so all of our kids can move on. You all have great choices and should be proud. This year is just something else.

9 Likes

No, we are in the Bay Area. I found one web site that says partner high schools have high % of free lunch qualified students and focus on getting first generation students to college. That does describe our school, but not our family specifically.

2 Likes

Do they really make applicants wait two weeks just to get rejected? Why not send them all at once? Doesn’t really make sense to me.

7 Likes

My son was accepted, oos - computer engineering. Does anyone have any insight with regard to internship opportunities for this major through SLO? Honestly, I feel this a a deciding factor for which school he will attend.

You can check the dept website or contact them. Our experience has been that everyone is super helpful.

You can also check out the Career center website to see which employers recruit from SLO along with listings for jobs and internships.

Moving this from Decision thread to here. My daughter’s portal still shows up as pending. I know most of the acceptances and waitlists are already released for this school. Are we supposed to assume this is rejected status and move on ? It is not cool to continue to keep the kids in limbo and their hope alive only to reject later. Anyone on the same boat ?

2 Likes

Yes, we are too. We check the portal several times a day. Not the best way to deal with students at such a stressful time in a normal year. During these unprecedented times, it seems downright cruel.

3 Likes

Hi I got Waitlisted at Cal Poly Slo for Kinesiology. Does anyone know if I have good chances. My college counselor said many california schools will be using the waitlist more this year.

1 Like

What does it mean if I haven’t heard back yet?

I agree 100%. We are also still waiting and checking multiple times in a day. Its just cruel and hoping there is something positive out of this.

2 Likes

D still waiting (waitlisted) on this end as well…Does anyone know if the Open House will happen starting April 8th? I see if on website but no additional info.

1st in family, URM, or some other unique differentiating attribute. It helps to be a published one-legged patent holder living a nomadic existential lifestyle and being able to articulate that on an essay. Our Stanford guide climbed 6 of the 7 summits. Yeh!

That is the fortunate and unfortunate reality for all public schools and increasingly so for privates.

Hence, we will all have a strategy based on probability of acceptance and fit. Your kid will go to a great college regardless of name. What He or She does there is truly what will influence their next 6-7 decade of existence. All else just a flag in front of your house.

SLO is a special place. Unfortunately, many others think so too.

2 Likes