Cal Poly SLO Class of 2025 Regular Decision

I need to do it. Thanks for the reminder.

1 Like

I stopped following a whole bunch of CC school threads about 3ā€¦2ā€¦1ā€¦seconds after the rejection.

5 Likes

No mystery criteria. Sometimes colleges will not offer admissions to those they believe looking at numbers are most likely not to commit to SLO. You actually prove that point:). Donā€™t worry or vent or make a point on why you did not get selected by a college. It happens to many students. Thatā€™s why you apply to many colleges .

1 Like

Thatā€™s what blows my mind! I feel for kids who have worked SO HARD for years and years to achieve amazing stats and they are being shut out for schools that definitely were in their grasp! We are grateful that our S21 got into UCs, confused about rejection from SLO but definitely feel fortunate that whatever the ā€˜secret sauceā€™ was to get acceptance to his two top UCs worked out for him. It has been a tough year and I hope the students that didnā€™t get the outcomes that they worked for still have options and they will be at peace - there are so many good options that are available.

1 Like

I told my son this year: consider EVERY acceptance a gift, even if itā€™s from what we thought was a safety. Some kids are getting coals in their stockings (several of his friends, in fact) and itā€™s heartbreaking; I consider us one of the really fortunate ones that he has choices at all.

8 Likes

I knowā€¦I need to let go of SLOā€¦Iā€™ve been envisioning my son there since he was about 5 years oldā€¦so the problem is with me LOL! (his father and great grandfather are SLO alumsā€¦and I have many friends that went there - amazing place!)

3 Likes

Exactly what I feel, Some members chose to argue baselessly on this simple point!! (and showing appeal process)
Congrats to you and your student.

My D21 committed to SLO for business admin & Iā€™m having trouble letting go of the UC name for Davis & SD plus all the grant $ they offered. It really is her dream school. Iā€™m glad to hear so many alums are so fond of it.

3 Likes

When weā€™re trying to decide between the UCs and SLO last year, we were really leaning toward the UCs but we couldnā€™t find one person that had a negative comment about their experience at Cal Poly. It was my sonā€™s top pick so we went with it. Heā€™s super happy with the choice he made. Congratulations to your daughter!

2 Likes

Thank you for that suggestion! I feel better already. Moving onā€¦

2 Likes

Wow. Hope you can get over such devastating disappointment.

2 Likes

Youā€™re OBVIOUSLY unhappy with the SLO result, so yes, I (me) showed you the appeal process. Better to vent in your appeal to SLO than here.

1 Like

What I post here is none of your business as long as it abides by CoC, which is not violated. no need of permission from members to ā€˜ventā€™ here
Continuing to reply will not help

Those of you with kids at SLOā€¦wondering if youā€™ve seen this video.

I watched it over the weekend and it definitely paints a one-sided and bleak picture of the housing situation (obviously pre-COVID). I know the chances of kids being put in triples may be low for upcoming year, but wondering if these few kidsā€™ experiences were common or if most kids were fine with the triples and actually may have enjoyed it.

Nobody is arguing with you. Some are kindly offering suggestions that you can take or leave.

Negativity sure isnā€™t going to help any of us, parents or kids, during what has been quite a year.

1 Like

Best wishes!

1 Like

Congratulations!! So excited for your daughter!! My husband was a business major there and LOVED it. That was what my son would have majored there - so many options and opportunities to pursue within the major! SLO is HIGHLY regarded - IMHO, similar to any UC as far as reputation. SLO has a ā€œlearn by doingā€ approach which, in my opinion, is such a great learning experience! Employers in both Nor Cal and So Cal LOVE SLO!! Enjoy!!

1 Like

I think this issue is universal to many impacted campuses. I lived in Dykstra Hall at UCLA in 1980 in a double and I thought it was pretty small at the time. I came from living in my own room in a pretty small apartment in NYC, and living on the couch for the one previous year at my dadā€™s apartment in Hermosa Beach so it was not like I was used to a lot of space even. This same room at UCLA is a triple now.

sushiritto is my favorite poster. Funny and knowledgeable.

6 Likes

UCSDā€™s announced that theyā€™re eliminating triples (that used to be doubles) for the residence halls next year! I was so excited to hear that. all of these rooms seem REALLY small for three people.

2 Likes