Cal poly slo fall 2018 transfer thread

@EMSPG94 Hey Mitch. I don’t have questions about your major, so I get it if you ignore this question, hah. BUT, I’m wondering how comfortable you have felt at SLO as a transfer? Was it hard to assimilate and connect with people? How does it compare to your expectations?

Hey guys,
Can we withdraw my acceptance? Am i bounded when i accept my admission?

I believe you are able to withdraw your acceptance decision, you just lose your $ deposit since it’s non refundable.

@hdt1408

hi guys i just accepted my offer of admission after touring the school yesterday (and getting rejected at UCLA lol). i don’t see anywhere that says there’s a deposit. do you guys know if there is one? i don’t want to accidentally not pay it

@buttersquash i didnt pay any deposit! I accepted the offer without a deposit!

Hello guys, Does any know if there are grades requirement for Conditional Admissions other than 2.0 or higher and C or higher on remaining courses?

I noticed that UCs that I got accepted to have Grade requirement on certain courses that I’m currently taking but I don’t see anything for SLO

@butternutsquash
@chloe_boram

Oh sorry!

I totally just assumed Cal Poly SLO had one cause a lot of California CSU’s do when you accept.

If it doesn’t show you have one then you probably don’t have to. Sorry for the confusion!

@Sokhak

The only other thing I’ve seen for SLO is this:

“You must maintain the academic standard that allowed for your admission.”

It’s a really general statement, but I’m guessing it means you have to maintain the GPA you applied with? I’ve never been entirely sure.

You can find it in this link. It’s at the end of the 4th bullet point.

https://admissions.calpoly.edu/admitted/tterms

@lauriebell yeah that’s the only thing I’ve seen too. But the 6th bullet point said you must maintain 2.0 or higher. That kinda contradict the “You must maintain the academic standards that allowed for your admissions”.
I’m not entirely sure what that statement meant.

Can anyone clarify this?

HELLO ALL
I’m a business admin major and I got accepted at Cal Poly as a transfer student. I visited the campus yesterday for their open house event and it’s so beautiful; I’m so in love with SLO buuuuut there’s an enormous lack of diversity and I don’t like that at all. The school is really great though which is why I’m so torn!
Anyway, Cal Poly is one of my backups. During open house yesterday, I spoke with someone who has the authority to get me and someone else attending, good housing. Soooo I don’t know anyone else attending which is why I’m here!

@lovetoast05 hi! the lack of diversity at SLO is something i’m really concerned about too. i went to open house on Friday. did you hear about the events of last weekend and the protest? a frat threw a party with a racist theme and one student came in black face (if you’ve already heard about it sorry to explain again haha) so there was a large protest on campus where a lot of students were handing out flyers with info and a list of groups on campus you can join to help cause positive change on campus.

it obviously doesn’t make up for the problem, but i was really glad to see that people were not just accepting it and were doing something about it. when i go to the school, i will join some of the groups and do my best to be a part of the change. i don’t know if this helps, but wanted to share the info i have!

@butternutsquash YES I did hear about what recently happening and I think it’s sickening. I hear what you’re saying about the protesting and I think it’s awesome, but there are sooo many people being complacent. I was there for Saturday’s opening house events when all the clubs were there. I had hoped to see more clubs protesting.

@lovetoast05 hey! I went to polycultural weekend last weekend and was with the black student union (was around the national society of black engineers too) and got acquainted all of the ethnic clubs/sororities/fraternities/etc. That community as a whole may be small in numbers, but they are so supporting and loving to everyone.

Idk if you have already, but I would encourage you to look into the cultural groups the campus has to offer and try to find one that you think you would feel at most home with. Best of luck to you!!! : )

@transferjess Thanks. I think most of if not all of the cultural clubs on campus were protesting when I went so I had no chance to speak with any of them!

@butternutsquash How do you know you were rejected from UCLA???

@sjd890 it was kinda weird - i went for a tour and asked someone about an invite to a ucla event and she said she would check on my portfolio for me (im an art major) and she emailed me later that day saying it wasn’t recommended for admission (if the art department doesn’t recommend you you can’t get in as an art major). super strange way to find out haha

has any EOP transfer student heard from the EOP office? will you attend the transfer bridge or just the regular SLO Days ?

Guess I probably should have posted here but only on CC rn because of the anxiety caused by UCs. Cal Poly is my main choice, really would love to get in ;-;

CE Major, Waitlisted

From CCC
GPA: 3.38
Applied: UCSD, UCB, UCI, UCD, UCSB, CSUS, SJSU, Cal Poly SLO
Accepted: CSUS
Waitlisted: UCSD, SLO
Rejected: UCD, UCSB
Pending: UCB, UCI

Just got a letter saying That my admission was cancelled. Due to not meeting major requirements?

I thought having an A.A-T in history was a guarantee that you met all Cal States history eligibility requirements?
Is it because I’ve not sent in my last transcript yet? Since I haven’t gotten my grades yet even.
It looks like they wanted me to take both Western Civilization classes in addition to my other 7 history classes for transfer A.A-T??
The letter is dated in April and recieved a month later.
What chance do I have that this is an error or they’ll let me take them in summer online somewhere?

@Alwaysmidnight: A student who completes an Associate’s Degree for Transfer at a California Community College is guaranteed admission to the California State University but not to any particular campus or program. This means that you still have to meet each campuses transfer requirements so SLO may have additional major courses needed for transfer. I would call admissions on Tuesday and see what kind of options you may have.

https://admissions.calpoly.edu/hista.html