Cal poly slo fall 2018 transfer thread

@sugarydiamond Thanks! Good luck to you and to everybody who hasn’t received their acceptance message yet.
To everybody who got rejected, I feel sorry for you because I know how it feels like. Don’t be discourage by a simple message saying you got rejected, but rather, work or study harder and knowing that there are a tons of colleges/universities to apply to.

Has anyone that was accepted recieved their credit evaluation? Or have a general idea about when it will come out?

Friends: if you got rejected like I did, it’s not that you didn’t work hard enough, or that you need to work harder in general. I had a 4.0 and got denied. I work around 50 hours a week, and I have since I began college. Not to sound conceited, but I know I worked hard.
Two of my friends, and one family member were all denied as 4.0 engineering majors (mech and chem). It happens. Every school has a different process of acceptance and if you didn’t get in here, then that is their choice, and not necessarily a reflection of who you are or your work ethic. Thankfully, I applied to several schools, so I will be alright. Don’t let a rejection knock you down. I’ll admit that getting denied by SLO was heart wrenching. But it just serves as a reminder to keep working.

I wish you all the best and good luck to the rest that haven’t heard back yet.

Hi guys,
I have been admitted to SLO and UCI for business adminitration, so i have a difficult time for choosing which schools should i go? I want to do accounting, btw. I am in LA area, but i am leaning toward SLO because their program is learn by doing. However, i am scared that i might be not fit in the SLO because of lack of diversity. Business program of UCI is really good and near my home. Also, UCI does not have lack of diversity as SLO. Can you guys give me some advice?

@hdt1408 UCI is nice! I live 15 mins away from there. But still I choose SLO because of their programs. Plus SlO is much more beautiful than UCI.

If you are an out-door person, then SLO is a good choice.

For me, I love cycling.

@hdt1408 All accounting programs will have you learn by doing. Don’t be afraid to choose UCI if your heart is telling you to stay near home and what’s familiar. A happy student is a successful student. UCI business administration is fantastic, especially if you want a career in Southern California. There are many accounting firms right in Irvine, so you’d have easy access to internships. Choose the campus that’s right for you. My son is having the same struggle between UCI and UCSD computer science. UCI has always been his dream school and now everyone is pushing him to accept UCSD. This will be your home for 4 years. Pick the one you love most and get to work.

Thanks @HuyDang. What is your major? Maybe i can see you at SLO.

@hdt1408
My major is Civil Engineer. That’s the main reason why I choose SLO.

Yeah! we have orientation during August 08 - 09. I’ll see you up there =)

Has anyones transcript request been taken off their to do?

@“h-d25!” Yes, I had three to submit & I sent them last week but only two were taken off my to-do list.

late to the game but ACCEPTED! So happy right now!!
Everything completed, overall GPA 3.48 international student transfer.

@“h-d25!” Yes no transcript request on my to-do list

Is there a Facebook page for this thread?

Has anyone filled out the housing application?

Anyone looking to live outside campus ??

It’s gonna be a busy summer for me!

@HuyDang Start looking now and it will be so much easier. Join the Call Poly Housing page on Facebook.

Denied! lol, my portal message was so impersonal, it was just “you have been denied to cal poly” pretty much… hahaha

goodbye guys lol

Hi everybody, I just got in for Biomedical Engineering with a GPA 3.95. I cannot find the link Accept/Decline on my student center. Can anyone see it?

Hello! I am also a transfer student majoring in City and Regional Planning. This is my second year at Cal Poly SLO, if you have any questions regarding the major contact me.

-Mitch (CRP 3rd year Junior)