Cal Poly SLO Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

3/18 - son is put wait list for mechanical engineering, no email and on portal

2 Likes

Perhaps they got a lot more apps than estimated for Anthropology & Geography this year? And someone knowledgeable told me that the yield is higher than the 33% for many of the CLA majors.

2 Likes

How to admit waitlist if no ranking,??

My older daughter went to Chico. WE LOVE IT THERE! It is the quintessential college experience. You cannot go wrong at Chico. If you want more info, please feel free to DM me.

Btw
 we also just got the waitlist email.

8 Likes

I am sure there is some kind of ranking within each major for the waitlist, but they will not give an answer other than the will say they do not rank.

1 Like

I noticed that it says 34 was their target for FTF, but their actual says 32. In theory, wouldn’t they have filled those 2 spots from the waitlist? Just curious how that works.

2 Likes

Sent you a message!

34 is the target for Freshman 2021. In 2020, they had 32 enroll but their target was 46.

2 Likes

My suspicion, and that’s all it is, is that they don’t rank the waitlists per se, but keep the same stratification the algorithm spit out, contacting students in order. That would certainly make the most sense.

6 Likes

I like Chico too, but D doesn’t seem interested
too remote, maybe?

1 Like

I sympathize. Quite shocking!

So is the consensus that after today we are most likely just looking at rejections?

5 Likes

I have not seen acceptances for majors that require portfolios yet. Last year, a few acceptances seemed to trickle out randomly, independent of the waves.

It’s far from Sacramento airport, but once you’re there you wouldn’t even know how far you are from a major metropolitan city. It’s the best college town with a vibrant old town-style downtown! The other side of the freeway has all the big box stores you could want. It doesn’t feel remote at all.

Edit to add: I’m talking about Chico State!

4 Likes

Waitlists are starting to come out. My son was waitlisted for Graphic Communications. He has actually been going in a totally different direction (the crazy process of auditioning for Musical Theatre BFA programs all across the country), but still excited that this could be a possibility if he decides against musical theatre. He also really loves graphic design and may try to double major. He has made all of his high school’s theatre and choir show posters for the last two years.

4 Likes

Could you pl share his stats? S22 applied for ME too and just checked his portal. No decision yet. Since he has not heard, he is expecting a rejection.

There could be a trickle of acceptances in this waitlist round. Do not lose hope

3 Likes

S22 waitlisted for ME today 3/18. 4.0 unweighted. 4.3 UC capped. 4.67 uncapped and weighted. Strong math background (AP Calc in 10th grade, multivariable calculus, etc). Music ECs and work experience, non-major related. Waitlisted at UCSC too

2 Likes

My D’s portal has not changed

12 Likes

My son also got waitlisted 
Kinesiology.
W GPA: 4.18
UW GPA: 3.89

1 Like