Cal Poly SLO Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

Yeah it’s very inconsistent, local gets priority especially if they are very competitive applicant.

2 Likes

Today is 2/22/22 so no shot it will come out today. My son says anyway.

1 Like

I just wish we knew when they are going to start letting us know

2 Likes

Last year they rejected over 15000 apps with over a 4.0. :frowning: There was a whole article written about it. Of course I’m sure it depends on the major.

2 Likes

Yep, acceptance rates likely range from single digits to 90% +/- depending on major.

Well whatever day they start releasing admissions the first day is historically OOS followed by in-state the next day, isn’t that right?

1 Like

Correct, in previous years OOS applicants heard the first day then In-state.

2 Likes

I know I’ve read this before…which are the most competitive majors? My daughter I believe applied under Mathematics.

It’s due to the fact they think kids who are overqualified are going to attend the UCs or more prestigious private universities.

2 Likes

I posted this about 2 weeks ago.

5 Likes

@Carrtwinmom - wow. That’s a whole lot of 4.0s getting rejected. I know there is more to it than just the straight numbers, but it’s just so different than back in the day (I am a bit of a dinosaur). Do you happen to remember the location of that article? (or I could google…)

Off the top of my head the most competitive majors are Computer Science, Biomedical Engineering, Software Engineering, Biology, Kinesiology, Mechanical Engineering, Psychology to name a few.

Mathematics has a projection of 90 spots out of 721 applicants. If you use around a 32% yield, then about a 39% acceptance rate.

1 Like

The article is published by SLO Tribune, but it’s behind a paywall.

Thank you for the quick response. Acceptance I guess also depends on the pool of students within major. 39% good rate based on average gpa’s. Not so great if everyone is at maxed cap. Hers is 4.2. Seems amazing to me but no idea what Math applicants would be at. We shall see…

This one is not behind a paywall. It is misleading whether or not the 4.0 is weighted or unweighted.

1 Like

I was attempting to get the 2021 version of that article, where 15,600 4.0+ applicants were rejected. It’s published each year, but the numbers keep getting worse.

1 Like

https://amp.sanluisobispo.com/news/local/education/article250538599.html

2 Likes

That’s behind a paywall too. I used to subscribe to the Tribune, but the articles became mostly boring and unrelated to Cal Poly.

1 Like

Here is SLO’s Comman Data Set for Fall 2021. Page 11 shows that nearly 60% of admitted students had 4.0 GPA. Overall GPA average was 4.01.

2 Likes

Are those the projections for this year? What is EE?