Cal Poly SLO Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

Yes the support IS there. Students just need to be able to take initiative to figure out how to get that support. I will say the professors all seem very kind and seem to want to help their students and see them do well.

1 Like

The %-age of OOS/foreign students has increased from 15% in 2017 to 22.8% for 2020, per the most recent Fact Book. So, Cal Poly is rapidly approaching UC levels of OOS students. Back in 2017 when the UCs got bad press about allowing too many OOS in over California residents Cal Poly said they’d try to keep OOS to 15% but that seems to have fallen by the wayside.

1 Like

My daughter has similar stats for Political Science and also hasn’t heard. We are assuming it is a rejection.

1 Like

Still no word for my son for CS. I heard somewhere that many CS teachers have decided to go into the field instead of teaching, as you make more $$$ working in the field vs teaching. Maybe they are looking for teachers???

2 Likes

We are in the same boat.
High gpa, applied for CE, and nothing but crickets.
We are feeling like it’s going to be a no.

3 Likes

Yup also CE with no word back :confused:

1 Like

Yeah, thought of SCAD, but somehow my D was not interested in it. The options she has now are CCA, TJU, Drexel. She has some CSUs which have design program. However, she didn’t get into CSULB which was her top choice in the CSUs.
Drexel seems good but as CCA is closer to us inclined to it a bit more. Tough to decide.

1 Like

My daughter also has applied for Computer Engineering and still no word.

1 Like

We are in the same boat. My son is waiting as well, Computer Engineering. We are out of state.
Waitlisted for Case Western Reserve and UC Irvine.
Denied UCSD and San Jose State.
I feel so bad for all the kids still waiting.

3 Likes

S22 Waitlisted (Mechanical Engineering)
In State, Southern CA Public HS (10th in Class of 580)
3.9 UW/4.3 UC GPA/ 4.4 Weighted GPA
6 AP’s (all with 4’s, except one 3), 5 more senior year
Mechanical lead for FRC robotics team
Varsity Volleyball (3 years)
Some community service
1550 SAT

Accepted: UCB, UCLA, USC, UCSD, UCI, UCSB, UCSC, UCR, CP Pomona, CSUF, CSULB, Arizona State
Waitlisted: Notre Dame, Vanderbilt, CPSLO
Rejected: MIT, Cal Tech
Waiting on: Stanford

He’s happy with his other options so he will not be accepting a spot on the waitlist. Congratulations to all that were accepted.

11 Likes

Oh my gosh - our S got accepted tonight! We had pretty much come to terms with the fact that he didn’t get in. Wow. We just may have 3 Mustangs next year!

Poly Sci
4.1 CP gpa
OOS

23 Likes

Did he find out VIA email?

Yes
.an email came tonight. Crazy how this process works - it’s an emotional roller coaster! We had stopped checking the portal because he figured it was over.

7 Likes

wow!! I am still hoping for an acceptance. Decent stats in state. slowly losing hope

Congrats!! So I wonder if they’re doing alphabetical order and psychology will be tomorrow

1 Like

Nice to know that they are still admitting students this late which is unusual for SLO. I guess after 10 years of the same pattern, they decided to change it up

7 Likes

We’re still waiting

5 Likes

Same here

1 Like

Son applied to Psych too and we are still waiting
 but some others were accepted to Psych in earlier releases, FYI.

2 Likes

I feel terrible that kids feel this way and are so focused on acceptance rates.
What your daughter is thinking is just not true— IMO
A friends D’s is of this same thinking, she is an extremely competitive student w\ all the right stats and was denied or waitlisted to BC, Northwestern, UVA ( her perceived better Universities) But she is completely ignoring that she was accepted to 3 of the top schools for a journalism— her major. UGA, Missouri and UM. Their acceptance rates might be higher overall but perhaps not for her major and mostly likely will give her a must better education and opportunities in her field.
Hopefully your daughter can take a closer look at who loves her and maybe they are actually a better fit.

6 Likes