Cal Poly SLO Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

Like many, my kiddo has not heard a peep from Cal Poly SLO regarding her admission decision. It’s still under review. What’s the LATEST they will let us know by?

April 1st

1 Like

So the decisions can come out any time of the day between now and Friday April 1, midnight PST?

4 Likes

should we expect all rejections on April 1st?

has anyone heard back from business admin yet? in state applicant

Still waiting…

1 Like

Yes, there have been admits for Business Admin in-state during the March 10th admit wave. Not everyone will post their results on CC but you could look at ZeeMee and Reddit.

2 Likes

is it likely that those who haven’t heard back are rejected?

2 Likes

Again, based on 10 years of SLO’s history on their decision timeline, it is highly possible.

There has been some admits trickling out (mainly OOS) and portfolio based majors between the original admit wave and after the waitlist wave. Like I stated, SLO has been fairly predictable these many years, but there is nothing to indicate that they will not change it up and continue to admit students until April 1 but remember no rejections have gone out either.

I was really surprised they did not post any decisions last Friday so do not know if that is a good sign or not for this Friday.

2 Likes

Same here! My son has been accepted to UCSD and UCSB (Mechanical Eng) and is about 99% set on his decision now. He is still waiting on Cal Poly, but has said that if accepted, he likely wouldn’t consider changing his mind. Seems that they will be missing out on a lot of great candidates by delaying so long.

10 Likes

My husband and I both graduated from Chico State! Never underestimate a Chico grad! I wouldn’t change going there for a second.

8 Likes

Mine daughter is still waiting for Kines too!

2 Likes

S22 OOS Waitlisted for Business. Portal updated within last hour; no email

4 Likes

My OOS son just Waitlisted for Architecture.

3 Likes

S22 waitlisted for MechE but accepted at CAL. SLO will be missing out on a great student and SLO was his first choice.

6 Likes

This is good to know. My son has been accepted to CPP and long beach but he really liked Chico. We went on a athletic visit and they did an amazing job showing him around.

1 Like

All admissions decisions really need to be made by tomorrow because cal poly is closed Thursday

1 Like

If my son doesn’t get into slo then Chico is his next choice. My sister and brother in law loved it. So did I when I visited my friends there when I went to slo.

2 Likes

Just checked the portal… in-state Architecture major is still pending! :frowning:

2 Likes

But Calpoly opens on Friday, right?

1 Like