Cal Poly SLO Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

D got accepted for Sociology! OOS.

6 Likes

Unfortunately, she had no high school courses taken before 9th grade to add. Most of her classes were honors, AP, or DE classes in high school, but I guess that isnā€™t enough these days. Competition is crazy!

Everyone posting acceptances and stats, donā€™t forget to post them in the stats thread. Folks next year will be looking there for info to assess their chances.

3 Likes

Congrats. CP doesnā€™t offer ChemE though. Typo?

4 Likes

English: 4 years in HS + 1 class in city college,
Math: 3 years + two classes senior year(AP Calc + AP Stat),
Science: 3 years of Honors (Bio, Chem, Phys) + AP Bio+ AP Phys - two science classes Soph. year

Thank you ā€“ I have this same question!

I am right there with you. My daughter was accepted for Industrial Engineering. So happy but sheā€™s struggling with senior grades as well. Not so much senioritis but mainly just had a hard time readjusting to in person school after all that time at home during the pandemic. My fingers will be crossed for them both!

4 Likes

Could somebody explain what the SLO GPA is and how to calculate that? Iā€™m thinking it has to do with the extra Math, Science English, etc that SLO requires compared to the other CSUā€™s?

are you in state or out of state? congrats!

D has no portal updates yet. She applied for child Development. Anyone else with this major hear anything?

Grades for the a-g courses taken 9-11th grades with an 8 semester cap on qualified UC approved Honors/ AP/IB or DE courses.

Basically the CSU GPA + 9th grades.

2 Likes

It seems like all the acceptances for BS majors are coming out right nowā€¦

1 Like

Same for my daughter!

The decisions were probably posted on the portals between 3 and 6pm but emails showing up later.

2 Likes

ā€œYouā€ can seacrh for any major in this thread by clicking on the magnifying glass in the upper right hand corner of your screen. But I did check, and I didnā€™t see an accepted child development major pop up.

SLO projected 560 apps to be submitted last cycle, which isnā€™t many, so with CC being a very small sample, we may not see one post here.

ETA: And a new poster posted one right after I wrote this. :slight_smile:

1 Like

On Central Coast (local) son got email at 6:57pm PST

2 Likes

So did my OOS daughter, same major!

4 Likes

D was accepted in state child development today!! Got the email around 7.

4 Likes

@gumbymom we are very bummed over hereā€¦ did not hear from SLO today. Do you think there could be more acceptances tomorrow? Even if I already saw a couple here with my Dā€™s same majorā€¦ ugh. So bummed!

2 Likes

Son accepted tonight in Biological Sciences.

4 Likes