Cal Poly SLO Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

Sounds like Honors are invited after being admitted but you can still apply without the invite. The information timeline is off since they state Late February/Early March and decisions have just been posted. They are behind but you could call admissions to confirm.

Each year, a select number of conditionally admitted Cal Poly students are invited to submit an application to join the Honors Program. Invitations are typically sent in late February or early March. Applications are completed and submitted electronically and are typically due near the end of March. Submission instructions and specific deadlines are included in the email invitation and application.

A conditionally admitted student not formally invited to submit an application to the program may still apply by filling out the following link: Honors Application Request . Once the Honors Program office has verified student is eligible to apply an email will be generated and sent to the student. The email will include a link to the online application. Please note that it can take up to 24 hours for an email with application link to be sent to the prospective student. Students are also encouraged to apply for the program once on-campus and have successfully completed their first 2 quarters at Cal Poly. For additional questions, qualified students should contact the Honors Program office for more information.

2 Likes

Admitted for Animal Science, 4.26 weighted, in state

1 Like

D22 accepted last night - after 7pm email - did not check portal before.
Instate/ not local
Environmental -Soil
UW GPA 3.98 Capped 4.28
Leadership with ECs; worked in summer unrelated field (I know those are questions asked on application)

To all those waiting - D18 was rejected from SLO - CS major, it was tough waiting as the rejection comes late - but by then you have heard from other schools and it does sting a little less.

6 Likes

D22 accepted to Ag Business last night. 4.2 gpa, In-state.

3 Likes

Do we think thatā€™s the end of the acceptances? Wondering for my high stat S22 who did not receive an update on his portal.

3 Likes

Cal Poly is a CSU and uses the same application as all other CSU campuses. The GPA is the same for all campuses. includes 10-11 grades only. Capped at 8 honors/AP extra grade points.

1 Like

Thatā€™s what I want to know haha

This is incorrect information, Iā€™m afraid. Cal Poly SLO includes 9th grade grades into GPA calculation.

5 Likes

From the SLO website, it states 9-11th grades. Even though SLO is a CSU, they calculate their GPA differently.

** GPA. For the purposes of your application, weā€™ll consider your 9th-11th grade weighted GPA. That number is calculated from college-prep coursework as designated on your application. Weight is granted for courses designated as ā€œhonors,ā€ ā€œcollege-level,ā€ ā€œadvanced placementā€ or ā€œinternational baccalaureateā€ for up to eight semesters.**

6 Likes

@Gumbymom, Do you know the difference between the ā€œCalculated GPAā€ in the CSU application and the UC Capped GPA? When i calculate UC capped GPA for my D22, it comes to 4.267, but her calculated GPA in the CSU application is 4.31. Wondering if i am making any mistake in looking up the a-g courses.

Hi there, can you please share her stats? I cant figure out who you are comparing them to in this long thread. Thank you!!! And congrats to your daughter!!!

The only difference between the CSU GPA and the UC capped weighted is if a student has taken any DE/CC courses. The CSUā€™s ask you to list 2 grades for each semester course and the UCā€™s ask you to list only 1 grade for each semester course. Having 2 grades instead of 1 will dilute the CSU capped weighted GPA.

Remember the UCā€™s also consider all 3 UC GPAā€™s: Unweighted, Capped Weighted and Fully Weighted while the CSUā€™s only consider the Capped Weighted. SLO is the outlier since their Capped weighted uses 9-11th grades instead of the 10-11th grades like the rest of the UCā€™s and CSUā€™s.

3 Likes

Agree. My Dā€™s unweighted gpa is 4.65 but the CSU calculated is 4.27. You can find out the correct gpa to post by going back into the studentā€™s CSU application.

Again, SLO uses a different GPA not the CSU GPA. Each HS uses a different weighting scale so the CSUā€™s and UCā€™s have standardized their weighting scales.

What is a conditionally accepted student? What does that mean?

1 Like

Yes, this is normal. After DS was accepted, I saw some of the YouTube videos from admissions and they were talking about the portal. Last yearā€™s portal message was the exact same.

Conditionally admitted means you need to meet all the requirements listed in your admission contract to maintain your acceptance.

You agree to:

• Send your official, final, high school transcript(s) with confirmation of your graduation as soon as they are available but no later than July 15.
  • Complete all coursework designated on your application, including those listed as ā€œin progressā€ or ā€œplanned,ā€ with a grade of C (or better) no later than the previous Spring Term for admission for the Fall Term.
  • Complete each term in your senior year with an overall 3.0 GPA in your College Prep Coursework.
  • Maintain the academic standard that allowed for your admission.
  • Participate in SLO Days and WOW orientation programs. You must register for both orientation programs no later than May 15.
  • Live on campus during at least your first year. You must complete the housing application or request a waiver no later than May 15. The following colleges and programs have a two-year requirement:
    • Cal Poly Scholars
    • College of Agriculture, Food and Environmental Science
    • College of Architecture and Environmental Design
    • College of Engineering
    • Student Athletes
  • Enroll in and complete coursework at Cal Poly during the fall quarter and remain eligible to enroll for subsequent quarters.

You understand that:

• You have been offered admission to the major displayed in your Student Center on your My Cal Poly Portal. It is not possible to change your major prior to enrollment at Cal Poly, and it may not be possible to change your major, once enrolled.
  • You will be required to enroll in and complete your first term, including coursework in your declared major. If you do not enroll in the quarter in which you were offered admission, your admission will be cancelled. Please make sure you are committed to your declared major prior to accepting our offer of admission.
  • Any discrepancy between the information you self-reported on your application and your transcripts or supporting documents will prompt an individual review of your admission file which may result in your admission being rescinded. Should any of your self-reported information be unable to pass verification from your transcript(s), your admission will be canceled.
6 Likes

Daughter Accepted into Liberal Studies
In State-So Cal

HS unweighted A-G GPA: 4.0

8 honors semesters
Unweighted GPA: Maxed at 4.2 (I assume)
5 years Math
5 years English (1 at community college)
3 years Art
3 years Foreign Language
Work + Volunteer and leadership roles

3 Likes

Yes, for a tech school, I was surprised at how underwhelmed I was with their portal. :rofl:

6 Likes

My D was joking that now that sheā€™s been admitted to the Graphic communications with a concentration in UX/UI design major, improving the portal should be her first project lol!

18 Likes