Cal Poly SLO Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

Not having it in one batch is really rough. :slightly_frowning_face:

12 Likes

Don’t give up hope! Their release historically is slow

8 Likes

https://orientation.calpoly.edu/openhouse for the Admitted Student’s day

1 Like

I feel the same. Fortunately, DD has a pretty good outlook. It wasn’t her top choice and she said yesterday “I guess I was due for a rejection” since she has gotten into several schools already. Really hoping for UCD now, we are in nor cal and I wanted her to have one good option up here. All her acceptances are in so cal / SD.

8 Likes

ugh yes, just hoping it’s coming out in random batches and that we still have a good go, not giving up hope yet its only been 1 night of acceptances😭

2 Likes

Blockquote

Blockquote

Don’t give up hope! My daughter is in state and applied as a liberal arts major and has like a 4.35 UC/Cal State GPA and hasn’t heard yet. I have to think she will be accepted since the only data they look at is GPA and don’t know how that couldn’t make the cut for a non-impacted, in state (i.e, non CS or engineering) applicant.

6 Likes

well we’ll know about UCD today. holding breath

2 Likes

They also look at strength of schedule, don’t they? Everyone who has posted so far has taken more than 10 APs!

2 Likes

My daughter applied for Biomed Engg, did not hear from SLO yet. The portal status is not updated as well. Not sure what’s going on here.

GPA:
3.96 (UW)
4.28 (Capped W)
4.48 (Uncapped W)

2 Likes

Yes! Pretty sure that is why my D doesn’t have an acceptance. Her GPA is as high as others already accepted, she’s taken maybe 5 AP’s, but didn’t take extra science and only one year of extra language. Since it’s purely a numbers game at CP, I’m positive that is why. Plus, students whose parents didn’t go to college or local students have a huge advantage, they can get in with lower stats.

3 Likes

I’m starting to suspect the batches aren’t all that random. I am speculating that only half of the admits went out yesterday
 and those are the top half of the admits and maybe the second half (based on student stats) comes out today? Then waitlist
 then rejected. I guess what I’m saying is I don’t think it’s random at all. Just a guess.

6 Likes

i have no clue, i have a lot of friends who got in last night with way lower stats and still some of us waiting with higher/similar stats. wishing good luck to everyone!

8 Likes

@eyemgh I’ve helped each of my 4 children over the years with their application to SLO and this last time I noticed they cleared up the instructions and any confusion for adding Jr. High School courses. In addition, there are check and balances as you enter your classes & grades in that section. If anything is amiss the system automatically alerts you. When completed, the application gives a complete overview of what you are receiving credit for. At the end of the application it’s very easy to calculate overall MCA points.

4 Likes

That’s GREAT! Thanks for the update. I’ve been out of the loop for a while.

1 Like

Did your accepted friends parents graduate from college? If not, that could be why. It’s a significant bump. Edited to add: could also be different majors? Some much more competitive than others.

3 Likes

Sounds just like my DD. Not too upset about not hearing from SLO yet, she already has 3 other acceptances, but really wants UCD!

7 Likes

Same boat but if UCD is a no well different story haha

2 Likes

Very true!!

1 Like

If the MCA is the same, which it almost certainly isn’t, it’s not graduating from HS that gave the bump. As you stated, it’s more likely different majors.