Cal Poly SLO Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

Thank you! :slight_smile:

what is DE/CC ?

If Cal Poly is still using the MCA, and the MCA formulation is as postulated in previous years, then yes.

1 Like

I didnā€™t know accepted stats would be so high, does anyone know if those with lower stats will have a chance?

Thank you. Yes, I was prepared to pretend not to know and wait for the email to come out to alert him to check. But DS had a friend who had a friend who got in. That prompted him to check. But because the website just says Cal Poly, he sent me a picture of the portal to ask me if that was SLO. LOL!

2 Likes

Depends on the major and the stats. Yes, Cal Pol has been getting tougher and tougher lately just like the UCs and other high-stat CSUs.

My son needed high stats for CS. My daughter (who wants the same school as my son) will (hopefully) not need the same stats for English.

Thatā€™s why I hope everyone will publish their acceptances, wait lists, and rejections in the Stats-only thread. That info is really useful to future applications. I know I looked at the stats threads for each of the last few years when helping my son plan for this year.

4 Likes

Duel Enrollment/Community College

Are those classes part of your Cal Poly GPA? or they just look good for admissions? My D has taken 7 CC classes.

DE = Dual Enrollment
CC = Community college?

2 Likes

Yes, CC classes are part of the CSU GPA (SLO GPA) if they are CSU transferable. Also you are required to submit a college transcript of all CC/DE courses taken if you plan to enroll.

Does it depend when it is taken? my D took one after her junior year before senior year. Iā€™m thinking they may have just looked at it for rigor because I think it wouldā€™ve adversely affected her GPA and yet she still got in! BTW I would not recommend doing a very difficult college Calc class in 6 weeks fully online with virtually no instruction during a pandemic :joy:

2 Likes

The CC/DE classes to be part of the SLO GPA will have to been taken the summer prior to 9th to the summer prior to 12th. For the other CSUā€™s, it would be summer prior to 10th to the summer prior to 12th. If taken the summer after Junior year, it should have been reported on the CSU application and it would have been included in the CSU GPA calculation. If she did not get a D or F in the course, 1 summer course would have not adversely affected the GPA that much since SLO uses 9-11th grades. It might affect the regular CSU GPA more.

I will also add that SJSU did state that they recalculated the CSU GPA and did not include CC classes for the impacted majors. There was an issue that came up 2 years ago about CC classes.

SLO states on their website ā€œCollege Level Classesā€ are considered for the weighting. Maybe admissions needs to be queried for confirmation.

Congrats to everyone that got in so far! Have any transfers heard back yet?

2 Likes

Have any Art and Design acceptances gone out yet?

1 Like

Based on past history are the bulk of admissions sent on the 1st day?

1 Like

Thank you so much for your guidance and knowledge on this forum. If my daughter took Calc AB/BC In her senior year the classes count for rigor but not gpa? Just trying to understandā€¦

Interesting thank you for that! We were too afraid to look further in depth as to how it wouldā€™ve affected her because thereā€™s nothing that she couldā€™ve done about it lol Iā€™m glad it didnā€™t adversely affect her. (no she did not get a D or an F )

Yes, Senior classes count for rigor but since they do not ask for Mid-year reports, the grades are not factored in.

Does anyone know if the open house requires registration? I canā€™t access that part of the open house page. We are booked to arrive mid-day Thursday.

2 Likes

None here on this thread.