Cal Poly SLO Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

Were rejections posted in portals yesterday too or just first round of admits?

Rejections come last. First acceptances, then waitlists then rejections if they follow the same pattern for the past 10+ years.

Was there any second round of acceptance in the past? I guess this is the first round

The last few years there was one day of OOS admits followed by one day of in-state admits. Then a very small trickle of OOS/IS admits after that. About a week later, the waitlisted applicants were notified and then the denials about week after that.

This year it looks as OOS/IS admits all in the same day so there could be another wave today of admits before the weekend. Unfortunately, unless you work in admissions or have some insider knowledge, there is no way to know.

6 Likes

3 Likes

Son was accepted for Wine and Vit. In state. Donā€™t know exactly what time, checked out the portal after friends said decisions were coming out.

4 Likes

As an alumn and now with my own daughter at CP, Iā€™d say just go and experience SLO, the surrounding areas (beach, wine country, hiking) and tour the school on a weekday to see kids in action. If you can schedule an appt within your studentā€™s major - thatā€™s a bonus. So much to love in SLO you donā€™t need a ā€œfairā€ to show it off. Congrats to your student!

1 Like

Sorry for my ignorance, but does CP look at the AP courses being taken in 12th Grade ? How do they count for transferable college-level courses taken at local CC ?
Thanks

Does anyone know if any further decisions came out today? I am seeing some announced this morning on Reddit, but I donā€™t know if they actually received the announcement yesterday.

still waiting, i heard maybe next week

1 Like

Senior courses such as AP, will be considered for rigor along with UC approved Honors, IB or CC/DE courses.

CC course grades taken the summer prior to 9th to the summer prior to 12th grade will be calculated into the SLO GPA? This is not confirmed but according to the SLO website they consider ā€œcollege levelā€ classes in their GPA.

For all the CSUā€™s:

• College courses used to meet CSU ā€œa-gā€ requirements can also result in honors points. But no more than eight honors points may be awarded. A semester grade in a college course should be counted twice. For example, if you earned a B in a biology course at a community college, you would count this B grade twice in your GPA calculation.

Yes, summer CP is very different than school year. Sounds like she has a lot of great opportunities - congrats!

1 Like

Most likely, the Reddit posts were from yesterday but applicants did not check their portals or emails until today.

2 Likes

I believe it will. In 2017 my older son got a swag bag at check in. It might not just be live yet.

Thank you !!!

D22 accepted for Sociology yesterday afternoon. May have two attending next year! :dancer:t3:

3 Likes

We will get an email with details on Open House in the next week or so. I think certain things require a reservation.

1 Like

Thanks. Daughter losing hope. She has max capped GPA, UW is 4.0, max volunteer leadership + work experience, but didnā€™t have max number of classes (ie no math in 8th grade or foreign language to count then). Applied for public health.

Twin brother got in yesterday for Arch. 3.7UW, 4 capped. More classes from 8th grade counted for him (math and spanish).
Bay area, private school.

1 Like

My son was accepted last night, with email received around 7 pm. In state (Bay Area). He is a philosophy major. Stats definitely lower than most posters here, so it was a great surprise! He had decent course rigor, good ECs and one CC philosophy course taken over the summer. Congrats/good luck to everyone!

4 Likes

Any Business majors receive notification yet?