Cal Poly SLO Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

Yes, check the stats only thread. Others may have posted on this discussion but not on the stats only just yet.

Admission Decision: Accepted
Intended major: Business Admin
**SLO GPA: 4.27
In-state/OOS/International: OOS
Local/Non-local: Non-local
HS course rigor (# a-g courses): 28
EC’s and major related job: 11-15 work hours/week, major-related ; 11-15 hours/week EC w/leadership position

2 Likes

I’ve seen quite a few accepted Business majors - last names all through the alphabet. :sob:

HS, not college. :+1:

I’m not sure if I should post this here, but I’m wondering if parents can have access to their student’s grades and semester progress reports while at SLO? My daughter was accepted for Fall 2022, but has been struggling her senior year and making poor choices outside of school (in my humble opinion.) Since her dad and I will be footing the bill for her education, I feel like it’s our right to ensure she’s on track; is it just a matter of her signing a FERPA release? Thoughts?

1 Like

She needs to give you permission. I need to ask my son for that. The college does not give you access if she not allowed.

1 Like

If your footing the bill you kinda have some leverage.

3 Likes

This looks interesting, but can I use this to calculate the % accepted by major? Do I divide NTF target by NTF apps? Or FTF Target by FTF Apps? There is no definition of all the acronyms so I’m a bit lost.

Just an FYI: Looks like SDSU is starting to release their decisions. No email, just a portal update.

5 Likes

For SLO’s target projections, since the actual yield by major is not known only by college, I assume a 33% yield. So I take the FTF Target # multiply by 3 and then divide by the FTF Apps to get an estimate of the acceptance rate.

1 Like

I agree. I noticed the difference between my child who applied in 2016-17 and my child who applied in 2019-20. It was much more clear for the 2019-20 child.

When do they usually invite them to apply for the Honors Program?

In 2020, my child’s honors invite came 11 days after admissions were updated in the portal. However, that year admissions decisions rolled out over several days and this year most seem to have come out on the same day.

1 Like

My D was accepted on 3 AP classes, she has taken 5 college classes though.

1 Like

Sure hope that’s not the case! That all came out on the same day!

5 Likes

@lkg4answers you think that was it then? Yesterday was all admits?

Sorry, how do you know that yesterday was all the admits there are?

Sorry, I should have re-phrased that. In the past, OOS heard first followed by in-state by college or by major or by some unknown pattern over several days. Then there was a lull before waitlist and another lull before rejections.

This year, in state and OOS came out on the same day with people in just about every major (not all) and college. I don’t know that everything came out yesterday but just that it wasn’t as long and drawn out as it has been in the past.

Yes, I found the CSU app actually pointed out screwups my kids’ high school made in the CaliforniaColleges website. For one of his classes they’d listed him as having the 1 semester version of calculus in the fall and the full-year version in the spring semester, so it was coming up as 1.5yrs for the one year. So I found the second semester version and changed it manually, but the Cal State application was easy to follow and smart enough to find mistakes like that that wouldn’t have been obvious.

Admissions said it was just the first batch of acceptances they pushed out and wasn’t all of them. They will continue pushing out more. They said they received 65,000 apps and are pushing them out as they can, but keep checking the portal over the next few weeks (no specific timeline they would commit to).

19 Likes

If you want her grades, she’ll need to give you the login information. I hear what you’re saying about paying for it, but the colleges don’t view it that way.

1 Like