Cal Poly SLO Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

Still waiting on decisions… applied for ag business as a first-year undergrad with 4.29 weighted, 3.96 unweighted. Super nervous and confused because I was under the impression that all decisions would be sent out on April 1?

1 Like

BY April 1 is what they said

So does this mean that there’s a possibility you will get an acceptance letter as late as April 1st?

I’m no expert, but I don’t think so. My understanding is that admits are notified first, then waitlist, then denials. But everyone should have one of those three decisions by April 1. My D hasn’t been admitted yet either and I’m bummed, but still trying to be hopeful.

5 Likes

Last year, more acceptances did trickle out after the big acceptance wave; not a large amount but there were some.

5 Likes

Hoping, hoping, hoping. I haven’t seen any acceptances in her major yet–kinesiology, but apparently that’s one of the hardest majors to get into. If only we had known!

2 Likes

Did she have the extra years of math, language, etc?

For parents here I created a Cal Poly SLO parents Fall 22 freshman group on facebook if you would like to join as well.

4 Likes

Mine hasn’t heard from kinesiology either…4.38, AP’s, soccer captain, service hours, couldn’t be prouder

7 Likes

Any aerospace engineering majors hear back?

Interdisciplinary studies. It’s new and has ethics, could be pre law etc. She has 10 classes that are weighted, never got a B , and has been accepted to some really awesome schools already including SDSU in December so I know it’s not a mistake on her app. Maybe she just chose the wrong major.

1 Like

Yes 3 years foreign language with the upper division scholastic medal, 4 years of math, 10 AP and augmented classes.

1 Like

According to the SLO Target projections, SLO has 20 spots for Freshman students in the Interdisciplinary Studies major with 219 projected applicants

3 Likes

Yes. See Post #1348.

What major? We are still waiting to with a sociology major.

Yes, my kid was accepted to aerospace engr. in state.

1 Like

So far, I’ve only heard of two acceptances for psych and I’m just curious if anyone else has been accepted/what there stats are? I know that’s it’s one of the most competitive majors but am nervous as I haven’t heard back.

2 Likes

What was her GPA?

Your kid definitely has the stats. But they give bonus points for a 4th year of language, a 5th year of math (they count 8th grade if accelerated), an extra year of visual/performing arts, and an extra year of English (meaning a second English class 1 year of HS), and 4 years of lab science. And bonus also for an outside job. These things can make the difference if a major has a very qualified applicant pool. But I would not give up hope yet. More acceptances will trickle out.

1 Like

ive also applied for kinesio 4.35 gpa and still waiting :confused:

3 Likes