Cal Poly SLO Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

Post made by @ Tsunami2 were a mistake. Sorry for the confusion.

ME - yes SLO

UPDATE - MISTAKE - NO ADMISSION YET

False alarm. No admission for @ Tsunami2

Congrats. What was the message on the portal? Was it in the Application Status page or was there a message of some sort?

No message at all. Logged into Application Status and indicated admitted.

UPDATE - MISTAKE - NO ADMISSION YET - Apologies!

1 Like

BAD INFO - Apologies for the fire drill - kiddo misread portal - no decision yet still pending

Ugghhh

1 Like

Thank you so if you can update your posts to state it was a mistake, much appreciated since I do not have that option other than my own posts.

Did you also include SAT/ACT into this calc. Without it, I am barely scrapping past 3200.

Bummer. Thanks for letting us know.

And the mad dash to check portals subsides.

2 Likes

Yeah, but I did the CSU and UC portal round just in case. lol

2 Likes

LOL; oh, I’m not saying I didn’t look, too.

@Gumbymom What’s the policy for MCA posting this year? Include it in stats? Include it but do not add in SAT/ACT? Leave MCA out completely?

When posting stats last year, the MCA points were not included since SLO has not stated if they continue to use the same format as the original MCA data from 2013. It looks like the 4.2 GPA cap is no longer valid since the Freshman profile GPA ranges extend beyond the 4.2 GPA for many of the Colleges.

SLO may give more weight to the GPA now that they are test blind so anything posted would just be a guess.

I would use SLO GPA, HS courses in the # of a-g classes, EC’s with leadership or job related, Major, in-state/OOS/International for the stats format.

Sounds good. Do you intend to start a stats thread and post that format info?

I can start a stats only thread. The issue last year was too many discussions were posted in the stats only thread so it got confusing. I will try it again this year.

7 Likes

Same major?

My daughter got in for that in 2020 and my son put that down for his back up this year. It’s pretty good odds and a great program!

how do some know already? are they athletes or something? I don’t get it

1 Like

The only admits have been International applicants or US citizens studying abroad.

2 Likes