Cal Poly SLO Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

Haven’t heard any admit from my daughter’s school so far. Her school is one of a top in LA area and dominant with a specific ethic group. College do maintain a diverse group in campus.

1 Like

My son is not Los Angeles Area, but Central California, rather than Northern California. He received his acceptance last week.

1 Like

I know an admit in Southern California.

I know of another student admitted to Forest and Fire Science. He is also in state, not local.

1 Like

That was our experience as well. We did a tour today and the admissions rep said absolutely that the first wave of admissions were not it and there were definitely more coming … not just waitlists. They received a very large number of apps and are processing them in waves. It may even take up to a few weeks to get them all out.

14 Likes

It doesn’t bode well for my kid. In her friend group, one already got an acceptance for her major, and two others didn’t hear yet. The kid with the acceptance dropped band after sophomore year so she was able to fit more academic classes in her schedule. ETA Thankfully SLO was not high in my kid’s list, but it is/was in her best friend’s who has not heard either.

1 Like

Wishing you the best of luck!

Thanks for sharing this.

2 Likes

We are So Cal. Riverside County.

4-5 of my son’s friends were accepted, also LAUSD. My son is still hoping and waiting.

How did he like the English department? My daughter was just accepted for English as well as at UCD.

1 Like

Has anyone heard of any acceptances that were received today?

1 Like

Can you elaborate in this a bit more - what does it mean “closed to major changes” for this list? I understand it is not easy to switch, and DD not planning to switch, but I am curious what is different about these specific majors and what the terminology means. Thanks!

Based on last years pattern, the other day’s wave was the big acceptance wave. More acceptances might trickle out. The next wave will most likely be waitlist.

4 Likes

Has anyone been accepted OOS from Texas yet…specifically Dallas area?

My daughter was accepted this year in English. She didn’t want to do 5 years of Math, but she did. She ended up doing AP Stats Junior Year and PreCal senior year (her first B ever!). She volunteered at our library during the summer and has worked at a local bookstore for 2 years (along with other church volunteer activities). She also has a book review blog and posts stories she writes on an anonymous website. I was nervous for Cal Poly bc no PIQs, but she got in!

1 Like

It’s true based on past years’ threads that people seem to call the admissions office and be told that more acceptances are coming. However, I’ve also noticed that if no more acceptances then show up on the CC forum, people tend to assume that there weren’t actually any more acceptances and the admissions staff were misinformed, lying, avoiding telling people the truth, etc. But given how many applications they receive and that only a tiny fraction of applicants are on this forum, it seems more likely that there were additional acceptances and they just didn’t show up here. I’d be inclined to take the admissions staff at their word that more acceptances are coming, although, as you mention, it might be here and there rather than another wave. I guess we’ll know when we start seeing people here getting waitlisted.

9 Likes

I agree if no more acceptance seeing this week, the next waive is most likely the waitlist or reject. Bear in mind, most UC starts to release their admits next week.

If the major is closed, it means that as an In-coming Freshman, you cannot switch into those specific majors listed with a few exceptions noted.

• Nutrition
  • Software Engineering
  • Computer Science (will consider applications from current CENG Majors)
  • Public Health and Kinesiology only accept inquires during Fall and Winter Quarter
  • Graphic Communication

Check back Fall 2022 for updates to this list.

Ie. For Computer Science, you must be a College of Engineering admit to possibly change into the CS major.

Kinesiology and Public Health: Student has to apply for change of major in the Fall or Winter Quarters however, you must attend SLO for 1 Quarter before initiating the change of major process . That would mean to change as an in-coming Freshman, you have only Winter Quarter to start the process or wait again until Fall the following year.

It states the list will be updated by Fall 2022, so there could be changes to the Closed Majors.

Just for reference, I like to highlight this statement about major changes:
To determine your eligibility to enter into an Change of Major agreement, departments may consider: Your admissions criteria (would you have been admitted into that major when you applied to Cal Poly?)

2 Likes

They said the same thing last year. It was not really true.

4 Likes