Cal Poly SLO Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

I haven’t seen any admitted art and design students on this thread. Is it possible that since there was a portfolio requirement, these will come out later than the general acceptances?

I think people just assumed it wasn’t true because they didn’t see any more acceptances on the CC forum. But that doesn’t make a lot of sense when you factor in the number of applications and the number of people on this forum. This year, for example, there are 65,000 applicants and only 350 people on this forum. That’s about 0.5% of the applicant pool. CC forums are useful for a lot of things but I don’t think we can make any assumptions about what’s happening with admissions decisions based on what we see here … until we start seeing posts from people who have been waitlisted, of course. Then we’ll know that they’re done with acceptances.

8 Likes

That list has given me a good pause since D22 got admitted in Biological Sciences at SLO this year and is not even planning to go there. Thats a 3.7 % admit rate. Whew! Even if the quality of applicants is significantly different as compared to say UCLA that is still a amazing number. I suggested to her we do a college tour of all the colleges before she decides the college is going to go to since these are such special opportunities . We shall see.

Not everyone uses this site. I would check Reddit, Twitter, etc.

3 Likes

It has a higher admit rate. They need to admit many more students than slots because not everyone accepts their offer. Admit rate is more like 11.1%. Still very competitive.

Last year, acceptances for majors that require portfolios were not in the big acceptance wave. They came much later.

1 Like

I am in the big Cal Poly parent group on Facebook. You need to have an admitted student to join. The same pattern that we see here, plays out there.

My kid was admitted math major last Friday from Texas.

1 Like

Heard from a friend that SLO has 68k apps to go thru and everyone will know by April 1. There is still hope for those still waiting!

3 Likes

How do you figure 11.1 % ? I just went by spaces/applicants in the Bio Sc depart in that link to come up with the 3.7% . Is there other data ? Curios to know. Thanks

It is thought that they need to make offers to approximately three times as many students as spots to fill the spots. About two thirds go elesewhere.

1 Like

Thank you - I have a few more questions about Cal Poly and SDSU. You seem very knowledgeable - is there a private message option?

Makes sense thanks.

Davis had like 90,000 or so applications to go through and managed to let everyone know on the same day. And they read essays!

16 Likes

Just sent you a PM

1 Like

I think Cal Poly’s method of releasing decisions is cruel.

23 Likes

Just had a call with CalPoly admissions, as per them they are still rolling out the decisions and seems like will continue for next two weeks and I was advised, unless updated as denied , is still not finalized and in processing.
Any one heard the decisions today?

They should stop giving out false hope. Honestly I’m surprised they answer the phone.

7 Likes

I’m pretty sure Admissions don’t want people to call lol…

3 Likes

I bet across all schools, there is a “short-straw” pool this time of year for who will answer the phone.

8 Likes