Cal Poly SLO Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

I have not seen any. I also have not seen any news of acceptances today.

They hire essay readers.

From OC here. Heard a week ago, accepted for business major.

@kittylazy The only UCā€™s releasing decisions next week are Berkeley and Santa Barbara. The others have already announced or are doing so this week.

3 Likes

Hopefully with 2600 more students going to UCB, CP can accept more off the waitlist
https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Lawmakers-to-vote-on-fix-to-increase-UC-Berkeley-17001401.php

5 Likes

With a 1500 SAT, why is he going to SLO?

What an absurd question.

15 Likes

But any international students who got a decision last week ? Asking because I havent seen any intl acceptances posted on this board recently.

I did not see any posts from International applicants either but it does not mean there were no acceptances. CC is a small community so not all decisions will be posted here.

3 Likes

@Sofia_Flores - ours popped up today (but didnā€™t actually include aid besides unsubsidized loans, so it may have been quicker than an award package that has more substantial merit or need-based aid). Might be worth checking today for any updates that may have popped up.

Iā€™m just saying, he could get into some of the top schools in the nation, i.e. Princeton, etc

I have a 35 on the ACT and was rejected early from both MIT and UT, as an in-stater for UT, and recently waitlisted for RIT. A good test score is not enough to even qualify one for admission at top schools anymore, and no longer guarantees admission at lower schools. Also, looking down on somebodyā€™s choice of school is rude.

25 Likes

agree, and 1500 is nothing too special these days. Just need to spend the $ and time on prep courses, tutors, etc. thus the UCs/CSUs have done away with the SAT/ACT as they provide a boost to those with the $ and time to spend on test prep and disadvantage those who donā€™t

3 Likes

Didnā€™t mean to be rude just wondering with such very good GPA and SAT why not try Harvard, Princeton, MIT. I was a very good student but my colleagues were exceptional. I didnā€™t get into those but did at Poly. Iā€™m just glad to see students with very good standings wanting to get into SLO.

2 Likes

1500 would be below the average accepted SAT at any of those schools. A mid-1500 SAT just ā€œchecksā€ one of the many boxes required for admission at those schools. You then need top 1% type GPA, a slew of super impressive ECs, great recs, perhaps a ā€œhookā€ of some sort (either geographically desirable ā€“ like from South Dakota helps, from an under-represented group, child of alumni etc.), a unique essay/personal story. It is not surprising at all to me that someone with a 1500 SAT would be considering SLO, or any of the better UCs

6 Likes

Along with the intense competition, there is also an affordability factor. My son did not get into Caltech or MIT with a 4.5gpa, 36 ACT, National merit finalist, presidential scholar candidate, etc. But even if he had, Iā€™m not sure we could have afforded it unless they coughed up significant financial aid. I wouldnā€™t have wanted him to take out huge student loans when options like Cal Poly and UCs exist. Thereā€™s so much that goes into choosing a school. Just cause someone has the stats doesnā€™t mean that Ivy League level schools make sense for them. Anyways just my thoughts. Interesting comment and discussion. Still waiting on all my sonā€™s decisions to come in, but Cal Poly is definitely on the table.

11 Likes

Again, I didnā€™t mean to ruffle feathers. As a Poly Alum Iā€™m just glad to see it.

4 Likes

Not at all ā€” just wanted to mention some other factors that go into the decision. :relaxed:

1 Like

Lets get back to businessā€¦Today is the day. I can feel it again :crossed_fingers: :grinning:

16 Likes

Love your enthusiasm!!

2 Likes