Cal Poly SLO Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

People who know say that Cal Poly does NOT yield protect. It is just that many Cal Poly majors have acceptance rates akin to an Ivy, and many prospective students only look at the overall acceptance rate.

5 Likes

I understand that changing majors at CalPoly is neither easy nor guaranteed, but how easy is it to add a second major or a minor from outside your school? For example, can a student enrolled in the College of Science & Math fairly easily add a second major or add a minor from the College of Architecture and Environmental Design? The “double major” stuff I see for the College of Science and Math seems to talk only about adding a second major from within that school. Are students siloed into their school once enrolled, or are cross-school double majors allowed? Or is this a better question for the school directly?

1 Like

Each student’s situation is different so it might be better to ask the Academic advising department. If it will make a significant difference on whether your student will enroll, then I would contact them now. If not, then this can be brought up during Freshman orientation where they can work with advisor to come up with a feasible plan. I know that the College of Engineering discourages double majors.

3 Likes

Thank you!

A 1500 doesn’t get you into the nations top schools, though it also won’t keep you out. Even though Cal Poly isn’t looking at SAT/ACT’s this year, I can assure you that there are many admits that have 1500/34, and more. S2 is a SLO admit, and had a 1510, not that it mattered to the admissions people.

1 Like

I graduated Cal Poly CSc in the late 90’s. When I tell people this, they often say, “It’s much harder to get into now”. I took offense to this until it was time for my own kid to apply =). It is MUCH harder!

21 Likes

I went to Davis and I have the exact same feelings!!! I could never get in there w my hs grades now!

4 Likes

Has anyone seen OOS CS acceptances? Can you share the stats and admission date?

All regular admits have been on the same day March 10th.

1 Like

We just got my daughter’s a short time ago this afternoon (emailed us to check the portal for financial aid).

1 Like

There’s no evidence of that at Cal Poly. Look at the accepted students stats thread to see that there are plenty of extremely high stats students that are accepted. If they yield protected, their yield wouldn’t be 30%. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

are you saying that you think Cal Poly Slo is done with acceptances?

No, the poster asked what date the admits were posted for OOS. If there were any OOS CS majors accepted, it would have been March 10th since no other acceptances have been posted since.

1 Like

Ah! Phew! Thank you.

3 Likes

No new acceptances? Are we heading towards waitlist territory for Thursday? :eyes:

3 Likes

I heard that in the past, there was about a week between the first acceptances and the first waitlist

Does anyone know what Admissions does during that period? I have the feeling that they’re just letting some time past so that people can mentally prepare themselves for the possibility of not being admitted

i feel like they would still need to warn students before April 1st and they would not have enough time to wait that long

Sure but why do they wait at all between acceptances and waitlist?

1 Like

Inquiring minds want to know!!

1 Like

They might send out transfer acceptances during that time period.

1 Like