Cal Poly SLO Fall 2023 Admissions - Class of 2027

I also had this question. I am hoping to open the decision with my parents without me seeing it first, so I am curious whether the email will give the decision away or not, or if one comes at all. Can someone that has gotten their decision in the past please let me know?

2 Likes

My son’s email 2 years ago had Congratulations! in the subject line of the email, so it was definitely a spoiler if you’re hoping to be surprised.

3 Likes

Did the email come right away when the portal was updated?

The email arrived at 7:15 pm. I can’t recall what time the decision appeared on the portal. It’s possible that my son knew that decisions were out and checked his portal before the email arrived. So, checking your portal when you hear that decisions have been released may be one way to maintain the level of surprise.

5 Likes

I just sent another message to them, they said “Applicants will receive both an email and portal update with the decision”.

I wouldn’t depend on an email. I have two kids at Cal Poly and neither ever got an email. Only portal update.

2 Likes

I’m sure there’ll be a explosion of messages on Reddit and here once the messages go out!

2 Likes

Yes, that’s how it’s typically been. I wouldn’t give up hope until the waitlists come out. Granted, there are a few admits that come late but they are very minimal.

Your portal gets updated first then you’ll get an email.

1 Like

My son’s email came at 6:42 pm. I think portals were updated around 3:00/3:30 pm last year.

1 Like

2 Likes

That is a guaranteed date, but not the first day they post.

3 Likes

That’s right.

There’s something special about April 1st though :grin:

2 Likes

Is the median GPA for admitted students weighted or unweighted?

1 Like

SLO Capped weighted GPA is the data found on the Freshman profiles.

From the SLO website:

For the purposes of your application, we’ll consider your 9th-11th grade weighted GPA. That number is calculated from college-prep coursework as designated on your application. Weight is granted for courses designated as “honors,” “college-level,” “advanced placement” or “international baccalaureate” for up to eight semesters.

1 Like

Everyone should keep in mind that the median GPAs from the past two years for all UCs and CSUs may be slightly inflated as semesters of pass/fail from earlier in pandemic would increase the max possible capped weighted GPA (fewer classes, same 8 class weighted point limit).

5 Likes

Does anyone think it’s possible decisions could come today? Two out of the three years, there have been admissions on a Tuesday.

1 Like

It’s possible. Just saw another international student reporting an acceptance on reddit today. I believe Cal Poly Slo has issued international decisions ahead of the rest. So, it’s possible they will roll out all throughout the day or wait until Thursday.

1 Like

My guess and it’s just a wild guess is Thursday
They did two Tuesday’s and one Thursday the past
3 years. The waiting is so hard :blush:

7 Likes