Cal Poly SLO Fall 2023 Admissions - Class of 2027

Last year my daughter got her acceptance in the portal first, then about 6 hours later the email arrived in spam. FYI

3 Likes

What time in the portal was it last year?

I feel like I’ve seen past posts at approximately 3 in the afternoon with news of acceptances in thhe portals. So I would think in the afternoon? And I’ve seen posts about emails ranging from 4 to 7 PM. Also, check promotions, not just Spam.

2 Likes

Around 2:30pm is my best guess based on memory (which is not the best!). And then the email came much later in the night.

3 Likes

In the past they rolled out by department, so not all at the same time.

1 Like

Guess it is going to be Thursday

1 Like

Disappointing, but i guess not surprising. I hope it’s not any later than Thursday though!

6 Likes

For what it’s worth, my D21 received her acceptance email at 7:11 pm on Tuesday, 2/23/21…

Do you know if they also get a message if denied?

I have heard for Cal Poly they do waves -acceptances first then WL the rejections come at the end of March. However, I have heard of a few acceptances after the big wave but the majority I believe hear in the first round. Praying for all the students that they end up where its best for them. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Have you heard of anyone finding out this week? Has “the wave” begun?

2 Likes

When it starts, you will see it here. So I don’t think so. Hopefully soon!

yikes

Just posting to note that we are joining the wait. Good luck everyone!

7 Likes

I have posted this timeline several times on this thread but unless there are major changes in how SLO posts their decisions this is the pattern.

First there is an admit wave, sometimes OOS first then In-state or a mixture. About a week later Waitlists and another week later denials. There can be a scattering of admits throughout this time.

SLO’s decisions have followed this pattern for at least the last 13 years that I have been on CC.

Timeline of the 2022 decisions:
Cal Poly SLO admit wave started on March 10, 2022 with a mixture of OOS and In-state applicants. Waitlist decisions posted March 18, 2022 along with a few acceptances. Admits for students requiring a portfolio review trickled out on March 24, 2022. Denials were posted on March 30, 2022.

10 Likes

same…

Anyone else have a current Mustang and one applying? My daughter got in last year and is a freshman. My son is a senior and we are anxiously waiting! To make it more stressful - husband and I are alumni!

3 Likes

Not until a couple of weeks later. It’s admittance, then about week later waitlist, then a week or more later denials. That’s been the pattern in the past.

2 Likes

Have one current Mustang, one graduated Mustang but am waiting to see if my niece gets in this year. She’s OOS so I helped her with her CSU and UC apps.

4 Likes

Yes! Have a soph/jr there and a senior waiting… uhhhh

3 Likes