Cal Poly SLO Fall 2023 Admissions - Class of 2027

I have heard historically that SLO sends out acceptances in batches by major and last name over weeks. Have people been hearing otherwise that they expect something today possibly?

SLO used to send decisions Alphabetically by College so the College of Agriculture used to hear first. This has not been the case for several years. Last year one large admit wave on March 10th with various majors and a mixture of IS and OOS applicants.

4 Likes

Interesting - my friend’s daughter got in last year and said it was in batches by major because others heard back before her… just hearsay of course.

Some portfolio based majors heard in a separate admit wave between Waitlists and Denials.

1 Like

Are we expecting decisions today? Or do they only post on Tuesday’s or Thursday’s?

Nobody knows. But there’s lots of info on previous years if you read up the thread.

1 Like

I heard from a college counselor that Cal Poly expects to notify today! Of course, this is not official, so don’t take it as gospel, but it seemed like a reliable source to me.

2 Likes

when would they notify today?

1 Like

That, I don’t know. Just heard it was planned for today and that they had an extremely large number of applicants.

2 Likes

Did they specify Cal Poly SLO Vs Pomona or Humboldt?

1 Like

Pomona and Humboldt have been releasing already for over a week.

1 Like

Humbolt is rolling. Our daughter received her acceptance months ago and less than a week after applying.

1 Like

Thanks. I checked my daughter’s portal at least 70 times yesterday and now I have something to do today… Lol

LOL I have met my match!

I expect this thread to light up as soon as the admissions start flowing, so you can maybe save time by checking this thread all day instead :rofl:

5 Likes

I get being involved in the college process, but if you’re checking the portals more than your kid, something is wrong.

4 Likes

Ha! I don’t even have access to any portals! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Not one of my kids has ever checked a portal. They’ve all wanted me to check and deliver the news. All three of my kids who have so far applied to college were on a senior trip during many of the decisions, so they wouldn’t have had computer access anyway and they never set up portals on their phones.

1 Like

The storm is definitely pummeling the SLO area. We live here in town (walking distance to campus). Public K-12 schools are closed and there’s an emergency shelter set up on Cal Poly campus. So yeah, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the CP admin offices are skeletal today – and that could definitely mean postponed release of info.

It seems like flooding and downed trees are the main issues, and if current students and the greater community stay off the roads, most should be pretty safe. At least that’s how it’s looking as of now.

1 Like

We are all doing our best as parents. Please don’t use my joke as an opportunity to cut down another parent. Please just keep negative thoughts to yourself. Let’s keep the thread positive and supportive. Before you judge another, remember that you don’t know my situation. Be kind.

14 Likes