Cal Poly SLO Fall 2023 Admissions - Class of 2027

Yes but still interesting. I haven’t seen any admits to SE or CE in this thread.

1 Like

Our daughter was accepted yesterday for Business, Industrial Technology & Packaging.
In State
3.75 UW, 4.09 Weighted
6 APs, a few other honors courses

We are very excited! Good luck to everyone.

2 Likes

Applied Computer Science Major. My portal still says " No determination as been made yet". Does it mean I am rejected?

1 Like

Same here. Unfortunately the admit rate is soooo low for those majors.

It means No Decision. Unless they have another admit wave, you are most likely wait listed or denied based on their decision pattern.

3 Likes

My son was admitted to software engineering. Looks like it is a pretty small program. According to CP data they only enrolled 25 first time freshmen last year. Good luck to your DS!

4 Likes

In State no determination for Mechanical Engineering. At this point Does this mean waitlisted or no admission?

Based on their historical decision timeline, most likely waitlist or denial. As always, the CSU’s can surprise you and change it up.

I know the official word is you have to be a CP for one quarter before initiating your ICMA but that wasn’t the case for my freshman this year. When he attended the class about changing majors during his first quarter, they were told they could put the request in. So he did. The following week he had a ICMA and his major will be changed after his second quarter (end of this month).

2 Likes

Great information. Thank you. Probably varies on which major and College.

2 Likes

Have any offers gone out for College of Ag?

1 Like

Yes, I saw several admits for the College of Agriculture. What major are you looking for?

I applied for Child Development and it still says that a decision has yet to be determined in my portal :frowning:

2 Likes

My friend applied for CD too and hasn’t heard. I haven’t seen any acceptances with that major, or really very many liberal arts majors. Strange.

1 Like

I see only 1 Computer science on here. Going to keep my hopes alive.

3 Likes

My guess is that they are doing Math, Science, and Agricultural majors first, and then they’re going to release the other majors.

To everybody: Have you or someone you know this year has gotten into a major like CD, liberal arts, history, management, communications focused, etc. at Cal Poly SLO? It would be really helpful to know.

My daughter’s good friend got into journalism last night.

2 Likes

My kid’s BFF accepted for Poli Sci yesterday and she will commit to CP!

3 Likes

My son was admitted into the music major yesterday afternoon.

3 Likes

I have seen admits for English, Math, Journalism, Political Science Communications, Graphic Communications etc… Not many admitted students post on CC.