Cal Poly SLO Fall 2023 Admissions - Class of 2027

Good point! However, I would venture to guess that the yield rate differs for different majors and that the more specialized, top programs like those listed above have a higher yield rate. So maybe not 4-5x?

1 Like

No acceptance for my son yet. He got early acceptances from UCSC with scholars program & SDSU. Also got in UCR , UCD, SJSU.
Got Honors invite and scholarships too.
Major CS UW4.0/ W4.8, Rigorous curriculum, 18 APs, lots of ECs including published research, leadership. Admissions are so unpredictable now.

6 Likes

UW CS has a much higher admit rate for in state vs OOS.

2 Likes

How about the first-generation status? Did he come from a title 1 school? They consider those factors too.

Has anyone heard as a Mathematics major? (In State)

Yes, Cal Poly SLO Fall 2023 Admissions - Class of 2027 - #622 by g_marie

1 Like

Anyone heard from Art & Design? Assume decisions will be later since the portfolio was only due on March 1st and was later than usual. Also, any idea as to what percent of applicants are invited to submit portfolio? Earlier there was a post that said Art & Design last year had 878 applicants and only 53 spaces. Wondering if that 878 number includes all applicants or just those invited to submit portfolio.

1 Like

In the application it states that in order to fill in the math requirement for Algebra I and Algebra II they would take middle school coursework. If we forgot to fill this part out, is our admission decision impacted by it? And also, is there anything that we can do at this point?

We are still waiting as well. My daughter is in the top 3% of her class, three varsity sports, 300 volunteer hours, NHS, took AP Psych, max APs factored by Cal Poly, and no response. I wish I could know how they fill the spots.

4 Likes

SLO target projections shows 878 applicants for 53 spots but since not all admitted students enroll, SLO will accept more than the 53 students and they will invite more students to submit a portfolio than they will actually admit.

Last year portfolio based majors heard on March 24 and they were also late in reviewing last year.

2 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: San Diego State University Class of 2027 Official Thread

You have almost identical stats to my daughter who is also admit status unknown. Hardcore Stem classes not paying off here. Seems like their formula doesn’t take rigor into account as much as I thought it would.

3 Likes

Adding in my niece’s info for anybody doing research:

OOS (Oregon), Accepted to Materials Engineering

CSU GPA: 4.28 (HS GPA: 3.97 unweighted, they don’t weight honors or AP at her school)
A-G Years: 26
6 APs, 6 Honors Classes
ECs: Sports mainly- Captain of the Ski Team and member of a state championship runner up Soccer team.

Not a first gen student

Where else accepted, all for Chemical Engineering: UC Davis; University of Washington, Seattle; University of Minnesota, Minneapolis; RPI (w/a generous scholarship); University of Colorado, Boulder; Oregon State; Cal Poly Pomona; University of Portland (for Chemistry) (w/ a generous scholarship).

Waiting to hear from: UCSB, UCSD, UCLA, UCB, USC

Denied from Cornell.

2 Likes

I’m curious about this too. Per your post, I just checked my son’s app. He filled in 8th grade geometry but not 7th grade algebra. Surely they assume it was taken? Please update this if you find out. Thanks!

Cal Poly does not assume anything. They are a stickler for reporting all Math and Foreign language taken in Middle school. This has tripped up many applicants over the years.

3 Likes

I have a couple friends from in state cali waiting to hear for communications I have not seen any Coms acceptance on here does anyone know if those come next week for that major ?

I have seen a couple of Graphic communication admits. There is no indication that there will be another wave of admits. Have you checked Reddit since students seem to post on that website vs. CC.

3 Likes

Hi all, DS did not get an email saying decisions were out but heard that admissions were coming out so he logged onto his portal. There is a video saying “Congratulations”. Is this an official admit?

1 Like

Thanks I’ll look there I always struggle with finding anything in Reddit I love CC it’s so organized :heartpulse:

3 Likes

My son also got into most of the same schools and pretty same credentials as yours hasn’t heard either for general engineering.