Cal Poly SLO Fall 2023 Admissions - Class of 2027

They are finally caving to the semester system pressure with a target implementation date of 2026-2027 academic year(which will be year 4/senior year for all of the kids accepted for this upcoming fall :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I’m curious to see how this transition goes!

1 Like

My son is a current Cal Poly Slo student and loves it! One thing I would ask anyone reading this thread whose child has decided NOT to attend Cal Poly is to please let admissions know so that they can allow others to be admitted.

9 Likes

Sorry @Gumbymom, one last non-SLO specific post! All through hs, I’ve taken only 6 classes per semester. We do have 8 periods but that option is not available for those of us in varsity sport. A lot of my GPA boost is from college courses during school year, winter quarters, and summer sessions. For eg, I took 4 last summer in between my junior and senior years (staggered, not all at the same time!).

Sorry, forgot to tag you @MrCheapo

1 Like

Have kinesiology majors heard decisions already?

I have seen a couple of Kinesiology admits on CC and Reddit.

1 Like

On another note, I wonder if freshmen admits know that the Cal Poly library is going to be revamped next year. My daughter is a junior there now and has not heard of any accommodation. This is a huge bummer…does anyone have an update on that?

Could your student athlete reach out to the coach and ask for some guidance? That is the route we would have taken had she not gotten her “official” acceptance. My daughters sport is in season right now (tennis) so it is a busy time, however, I believe the coach would’ve been able to provide some information regarding admission.

An update went out in the weekly email from the VP of student affairs today. There is a place on the website they can keep up with any projects they are interested in following also.

She asked her coach and was told admission letters should go out soon.

My older DS who applied in 2019 was given full ride scholarship about two weeks after acceptances were sent. Notification came via email and then posted in portal.

That’s great! It’s so stressful. Congrats to your athlete!

Well apparently it doesn’t deter a lot because both the CSU’s and the UC’s get way too many applicants thus the reason why Californians have to apply to so many outside of the state because getting into a CA school is a lottery with the number of applicants.

4 Likes

Communications app too. Hadn’t heard back either … Monday 3/13.

2 Likes

My daughter’s high school classmate was admitted for Communications on Friday.

2 Likes

Your forgetting CC/DE and summer classes. All those figure into uncapped weighted gpa’s.

2 Likes

However they are converting to semester system in 2026.

A post was split to a new thread: Prospective Cal Poly SLO Questions

hi! no it did not require any portfolios

accepted into mathematics major this past friday 03.10 :))))

CA resident, 3.8UW/4.2W, 27 years of a-g courses

4 Likes

Daughter accepted Friday 3.7UW, 4.2 Weighted English
10 AP/DE/H
27 A-G
importantly IMHO I think taking a lot of classes is what helped her 5 years math 4.5 English 4 language 5 science

2 Likes