Cal Poly SLO Fall 2023 Admissions - Class of 2027

Wondering if any of the admitted students this year only had 2 years of foreign language? My son had 5 years of math and 7 years of science with a 4.28 CSU GPA and was not admitted. The only thing I can think that would have prevented him from getting an acceptance was only having 2 years of foreign language.

1 Like

5 years English is not a requirement but a recommendation. SJSU is the only CSU that calculates their impaction index and posts their major thresholds.

SLO uses Multi-Criteria admission factors which are not all disclosed. https://www.calpoly.edu/admissions/first-year-student/selection-criteria

1 Like

5 years of English is not “required” but it’s recommended per Cal Poly’s website. I never noticed it when my DS2 applied in 2016 (I wasn’t paying that much attention then) but I did happen to notice that recommendation when my DD4 applied in 2022.

1 Like

My son accepted OOS for CS did not have the 5 years of English he did have 5 years of math and 4 years of German . Hoping more acceptances come this week for everyone :heartpulse:

3 Likes

Good luck with the acceptance.

My son has only 2 years of Spanish, 6 years of math, 4 years of English and similar GPA and was accepted, his major is Business Administration. Good luck to your son and everyone still waiting.

1 Like

Where do you find that? Looked around and could not see it anywhere.

Viewing Your Financial Aid Awards

Awards can be viewed on the Money Matters tab on the My Cal Poly Portal. You will be able to view your financial aid and print your award letter.

4 Likes

Thank you for all of the great information! Do you know if anyone has received acceptances this week? Seems like most heard on Friday 3/10 and Saturday 3/11. Still trying to hold out hope!

Actually the posts from 3/11 were admitted on 3/10/23. Many CC posters will post their decisions late or wait until they receive an email which went out later the day of 3/10. I have not seen any more acceptances but still some late posts. I have asked all posters to note the date they were admitted to help determine if more acceptances have been sent since March 10th.

My friend’s daughter was accepted last night (3/14) @ 7pm. I don’t know the major but it wasn’t one requiring a portfolio, etc.

3 Likes

FWIW, my kid was offered admission in Aerospace Engineering. Email to check portal was 3/10.

1 Like

Would like to know if that was only when she checked her email or if that appeared in her portal last night. Is she OOS?

3 Likes

Hello,
Would any parents kindly let me know if their student got into Aerospace Engineering with a Cal Poly recalculated GPA of 4.20 or 3.9 unweighted or lower?
My daugher is a current Cal Poly Slo student and my HS Jr. Son 1st choice is Cal Poly Aerospace Engineering. Look like AE has been having a admit rate of 11-14% over the past 6 years. Wondering if he needs to consider ME if he really wants to go there since they take more students and the admit rate is slightly higher. Would there even be a glimmer of hope for him??? Thanks so much!

1 Like

Here are some posts for accepted Aerospace:

ACCEPTED to Aerospace Engineering
Calif Resident (LA county) , CSU GPA 4.25 (or max weighted), unweighted 4.0
—- heavy extra circular hours, but no special hooks otherwise

D23 Accepted!
Major: Aerospace Engineering
Unweighted GPA: 4.0
Weighted GPA: 4.6
School has no APs but took all honors and 19 college credits at community college
In-State/OOS/International: In-state
ELC (top 9% CA HS): Yes
Extracurriculars: Cello, played at Carnegie Hall, went to State championships for her sport
Job/Work Experience: Math Tutor, interned at a medical office
Other: Founded/president of 2 clubs, School District student advisory board member, National Merit Finalist

Accepted! Aerospace Engineering. Is that 4% acceptance correct for this major??
OOS. 3.902 UW. IB coursework. EC’s included theatre, sports and Math Team. Received email yesterday to check portal for decision. Visited the campus last October and SLO moved to top three schools.

My son admitted with a 3.9 unweighted. Technically 3.89 unless they pulled a mid-year report than it would have been a 3.902 unweighted. IB classes.

2 Likes

Son got accepted on 3/10

SLO GPA :4.21

UC Unweighted GPA: 3.96

UC Capped Weighted GPA: 4.29

UC Fully Weighted GPA: 4.63

ELC (top 9% CA HS): Yes

Number of A-G classes: 26

Number of UC approved Honors/AP/IB or DE courses: 13 Ap

Major: Computer Engineering

In-State/OOS/International: In state

2 Likes

They haven’t gotten back to me for aerospace i don’t know my full weighted by I have a 4.0 UW with 6 ap classes 10-11 and taking 4 senior year with ap Calc BC, I guess it really is just that competitive.

Thanks this gives me hope! My son has 9-11 3.899 unweighted, I feel like they start from the top and with only 80 spots will stop even considering students once they down to the “lower” gpas, not sure where that cut off would be.

1 Like

So do they post results only once a week on Fridays? If we checked Friday night, no point checking until the following Friday?