Cal Poly SLO Fall 2023 Admissions - Class of 2027

Pretty sure Stats counts as 5th year of math because my son is set to take it spring quarter (and would prefer not to!), we called Admissions to confirm if it’s necessary and they said absolutely because it was on his application as his 5th year of math. They also said differences among applicants are “razor thin” so any changes can affect things.

2 Likes

Sounds exactly like my son, who hasn’t heard for the same major. Also has lots of hours working and in sports. : ( Of course this was his number one choice. A’s in 8 or more AP classes, team captain, working in his major. We are OOS.

1 Like

accepted for anthropology
w: 5.20
uw: 4.0
ib full diploma student/ap student
extracurriculars: girl scouts since kindergarten, weekly volunteering at elementary school, work experience, school academic award, campaign manager for school’s election, club vice president

3 Likes

Has anyone gotten in as an Environmental Engineering Major yet?

I have not seen anyone post an acceptance for Environmental Engineering on CC but that does not mean no one has been admitted. Have you checked other social media sites. Remember not all admits will post on any site.

1 Like

in state or OOS?

My OOS son was told at a Cal Poly SLO informational session at his competitive independent school that for Engineering and Computer Science AP Calc (as opposed to Diff Calc) is required to be competitive.

2 Likes

A2C server has a lot of mentions of Rejects and waitlists that happened on Friday and after, anyone here able to corroborate? Nothing in their decision channels nor here which is why I ask

I saw that as well but I don’t believe it…I’ve been following here and on reddit and haven’t seen anyone post about an official rejection. Maybe they just assume they didn’t get accepted because they didn’t get an acceptance on Friday.

3 Likes

probably yeah

Does one semester of college algebra count as one year of high school math?

1 Like

Yes, 1 CC semester class = 1 year of an a-g course requirement

3 Likes

Would you mind sharing link to the A2C thread - can’t seem to find current year. Thanks.

1 Like

It’s on their discord, here’s a screenshot

1 Like

Is that true just for CSUs or also for UC?

Yes, it is true for both a CSU and UC but there is a difference in the GPA calculations with College courses.

UC/CSU transferable CC/College courses in the GPA calculation are handled as follows if taken 10-11th grades:
1 Semester College/CC class for the CSU’s = 2 grades reported and 2 honors points

1 Semester College/CC class for the UC’s= 1 grade and 1 honors point.

This is one way to get that 5th year of English as recommended by SLO.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Would Journalism considered a 5th yr English or would that fall under an elective course?

You can check your HS a-g course designation here: University of California A-G Course List

2 Likes

It was ED.