Cal Poly SLO Fall 2023 Admissions - Class of 2027

Son just received an invitation email to apply to the Honors program. Is this a big deal or is it a blanket invite to all accepted? He has yet to formally accept the offer of admission but this could turn the tide for him accept and attend. Thx.

Has anyone been waitlisted? :sweat:

3 Likes

I have seen no waitlists yet!

1 Like

My daughter got this tonight too and I was wondering the same thing.

1 Like

My daughter just got the honors email as well. I am assuming it goes to all admitted freshman since the FAQ says about 600 apply each year.

1 Like

hi there. so your daughter already received her acceptance letter?

1 Like

Waiting for SLO. Don’t have high hopes. At this time leaning towards UCI because there is a pathway to switch to CS
Accepted: SJSU (CS),UCSC (CS),UCR (CS),UCM (CS),SCU (EECS),UCI (Alt Major Data Science),UIUC,UW,Purdue
Waitlisted: UCD (CS),UCSD (CS),UCLA (Material Science Engg)
Denied: None

They said only 90-100 students were selected from around 600 applicants.

2 Likes

Hi. Yes, she was accepted on 3/10. Received the email regarding applying to honors tonight, 3/20.

1 Like

I agree. SLO’s admitting process seems so odd. But I follow a sdsu page for parents and they seem to do the same thing.

4 Likes

From what?

100/600 ???

How many students typically apply to the Honors Program for fall admission?

In recent years, we have received about 600 applications for fall admission. We typically admit about 90 to 100 students from this applicant pool.

1 Like

Oops. That is a typo. UCSC, not UCSB.

2 Likes

For the invitation to apply to HC?

1 Like

Looks like more essays for my son. Even though the numbers indicate it’s very competitive, seems like it’s worth it to apply if nothing else, for the priority class registrations?

From Cal Poly website

If you are an incoming freshmen, application to the Honors Program is BY INVITATION ONLY. If u are selected to apply you will receive an invitation from Cal Poly Admissions in mid to late March. If you do not receive an invitation you will have the opportunity at the end of your freshmen year to apply as a continuing student.

1 Like

I saw a few posts on Reddit this morning of people saying they received acceptances in their portal within the last day. Not sure if it’s true but if you’re still waiting you may want to check your portal.

3 Likes

Does anyone know when the next admissions wave is? I applied for aerospace engineering still no response, waiting for SLO and UCSB (which comes out today), so yeah does anyone know for SLO?

1 Like

We called admissions yesterday about AE major decisions (we haven’t heard with - in state) and they said decisions were still rolling out until April 1. And AO confirmed that if you haven’t heard yet, it doesn’t mean that you are denied or waitlisted. Hope that helps!

7 Likes

We are still waiting as well for environmental engineering.