Cal Poly SLO Fall 2023 Admissions - Class of 2027

what is the office of admission phone number for cal poly? i couldn’t find it.

1 Like

Give the Admissions Office a call at (805) 756-2311

1 Like

what is the subreddit that you heard this on?

1 Like

A2C Applying to College - both posters said they got in for CS today.

You sure? Not finding the posts.

1 Like

I haven’t seen any acceptance posts within the past day or two on the Cal Poly Reddit page.

1 Like

There are 2 kids on A2C saying they were accepted in the past day or 2 - go to the megathread on A2C and click on All California State Universities, then sort the thread by new posts and the posts are close to the top.

3 Likes

The posts are in the RD megathread on A2C subreddit

2 Likes

Found this one. SLO is only referenced by the original admit wave of 3/10.

Just got accepted into Cal Poly for CS. Was expecting a rejection after 3/10 but I guess it worked out in the end.
I haven’t received an official email, and probably got the decision at some point in the past 48 hours.

3 Likes

Found it! Boy is it confusing with all the mega threads over there. This was in the Cal State mega thread in case anyone else was looking.

1 Like

Cal Poly SLO? Doesn’t say. Did Pomona come out the same day 3/10?

Pomona has been rolling out decisions since Late February.

Is this pace for announcing decisions unusual/unprecedented for Cal Poly Slo? Has it ever happened that they sent acceptances one week and then (apparently) went silent in the following week and a half?

2 Likes

Last years timeline did not have a gap of more than a week before waitlisted students were notified so yes this year is longer. Historically about a week between decision waves.

1 Like

So they are taking this long for them to release waitlist and rejections?! Unbelievable

1 Like

Maybe they are waiting since UCSB just released and admits may decline CP and accept UCSB and then CP will have space to do more acceptances. :slight_smile: Then it would be worth the grueling wait.

3 Likes

They are currently sending out Transfer decisions.

1 Like

It could be different this year, but last year the Honors Program invited candidates but also allowed non-invited candidates to apply.

The priority class registration and Yakitutu dorms are nice benefits. However, depending on what major your son/daughter is, priority class registration may not matter as much. For example, my son who decided not to do the Honors Program has been blocked into all of his classes for the past 3 quarters so priority registration really wasn’t going to be an added benefit. But I think for other majors, priority registration is definitely a plus!

I would recommend applying and attending the Honor sessions during Accepted Students Day to get a feel for the students and advisors and then you can always make a final decision then. Good luck!

SLO admissions is living up to its name (rimshot!!)

5 Likes

We got CPP acceptance in Feb for Physics

1 Like