Cal Poly SLO Fall 2023 Admissions - Class of 2027

And refreshing to see you crack a joke @Gumbymom . You always seem so business like. Thanks for everything you have done for us!

7 Likes

That’s great to hear! Hopefully your daughter had a successful application!

1 Like

Same.

Just curious … is he applying as a Freshman? What did he do last year?

My daughter also has a 4.4 weighted (3.96 UW) and also got rejected from UCI but accepted at UCD (first choice) and UCSC for various flavors of biological sciences. We also haven’t heard from SLO but assume rejection or waitlist.

4 Likes

Same boat. Best of luck.

1 Like

Did he take a gap year after not getting in last year?

it’s friday - crickets. WHAT THE HECK

1 Like

Thanks for asking! He took a gap year and reapplied as a freshman. If he would have taken any classes he would have had to transfer as a junior and he did not want to go to a community college for two years.

3 Likes

My daughter is also waiting to hear back for AE. SLO is the only one we’re waiting on. She is so anxious. I finally told her this morning it may just be a waitlist or rejection. She has a few other choices but SLO was her #1 pick. Good luck to you and your son.

Same boat, same major. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

I guess they are really going to make these kids wait until April 1st. It’s so unfortunate for the kids waiting…I really hope they are still making decisions because otherwise dragging this out is just mean.

2 Likes

I went back through last year’s admissions thread and it seems it’ll be waitlists and rejections next Wednesday or Thursday if it follows the same pattern.

I just recieved my decision for studio art and I was admitted! Looks like the portfolio decisions come out today.

12 Likes

Congrats!!! That is great news!

2 Likes

it’s my son’s first choice too! He’s so bummed he hasn’t heard yet. He’s gotten in to CP Pomona and Humboldt but had his heart set on SLO. I can’t believe they are making these kids wait! so much pressure!

1 Like

thank you so much!

Cal Poly is killing me SLO-ly :sob:

6 Likes

Yes, I concur. We’ve moved on. Completely soured on SLO’s processes.

4 Likes

We did too. Visited CPP for PHYSICS today - he got accepted there in Feb. we came down from Oakland. He loved it. We are hitting the button on yes tomorrow!

6 Likes

that’s good to hear. We’re going to visit it soon! Thanks for letting us know this info. My son is accepted there as well. :slight_smile:

2 Likes