Cal Poly SLO Fall 2023 Admissions - Class of 2027

Portal just updated, daughter waitlisted.

2 Likes

What major?

Environmental Management and Protection

2 Likes

Waitlisted for Environmental Earth and Soil Science 4.0 weighted gpa

2 Likes

ditto! Interdisciplinary Studies (CSU W: 4.05) NorCal

1 Like

CP Pomona is a great school. My nephew went there and loved it - met great friends - for life. Both of my boys were accepted there but ended up at SLO. Your son will love it! Congrats!

1 Like

bye I think they are sending waitlist decisions today then and next week denials ???

My son was just waitlisted for mechanical engineering. OOS.

5 Likes

NOOO DOES THAT MEAN IM DENIED :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Is it typical that all waitlisted students are notified via the portal at the same time? So if some are receiving notifications now we can assume all?

2 Likes

Daughter #1 waitlisted Enviromental Earth and Soil Science. 3.89UC GPA, 4.4W.
Accepted: U of Hawaii, Oregon State, U of Washington, CS Long Beach
Waitlisted: UC Davis, UC San Diego, Cal Poly SLO
Rejected: SDSU, UCSB

Daughter #2 no news yet for biochemistry. Recruited athlete.

2 Likes

My son was just waitlisted for Physics. Glad to know something finally! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just got waitlisted for Psychology. Pretty happy because I was thinking I’d be rejected from such an impacted major. Does anyone know roughly when they send out if you get accepted off the waitlist?

Depends on how many admits SIR by May 1 so usually if spots are open after May 1 they will start admitting off the waitlist. Sometimes earlier.

Join the discussion: http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/t/cal-poly-slo-freshman-class-of-2027-waitlist-discussion/

2 Likes

Wait List for Child Development, OOS
Admitted to SDSU honors, UCSC and UCI
Wait list for UCD, UCSD and Cal Poly Slo

2 Likes

Are the wait lists done going out. I know you don’t know for sure but is it safe to assume they all went out at same time

1 Like

Nothing yet for me, anyone know a good financial advisor to start sorting out of state costs?
Seems like I’ve reached the end for in-state (cp pomona didn’t give me my major so even though I’m admitted I won’t attend if I don’t even know that I’ll be studying CS)

3 Likes

Just asked this very same question! Would love to know so I can just go ahead and pour myself that large glass of wine now.

My son got waitlisted to software engineering…he said there’s no way to “accept” the waitlist…is that true for cal poly? He got waitlisted to a couple other schools and he had to accept it

It’s normally opt-in but let me check their dataset, it’ll say for sure there

1 Like