Cal Poly SLO Fall 2023 Admissions - Class of 2027

Nope :frowning:

1 Like

Would anyone be able to inform where on the portal it shows or confirms that a student has accepted? DS clicked the accept button but there was no confirm of that, no SIR deposit (as mentioned above), and not sure where the housing portal shows up. We just want to make sure he did this correctly.

It takes a couple of days for the housing portal to show up in the “To do” list. There is no deposit for SIR just for housing. So after you click accept it takes a few days for things to show up. My daughter said it was the most anticlimactic admissions acceptance…lol

Thank you! LOL that’s exactly what we said (most anticlimactic thing ever). Appreciate the guidance/insight.

1 Like

My daughter who applied for Honors was put on a waitlist for the program – she just checked her email. She had already committed to another college, but for those who are still waiting on Honors decisions, you might want to have your students check their email! Good luck. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My son who committed to Cal was also rejected for Honors.

2 Likes

It’s nice to be a few weeks past all the earlier madness, committed somewhere and no longer wrapped up in the daily stress of it all! Getting waitlisted for this was no big deal. Now to get them through all the end-of-year stuff. Mine has COVID again (fortunately asymptomatic) and we are just crossing fingers that she gets out of it before Monday when all her AP exams start!

Congratulations to those who are headed to Cal Poly SLO next year. It’s a great school!

2 Likes

My student got the honors program acceptance but may do it just a couple years for priority registration.

2 Likes

My student got the honors program acceptance as well. She is going to do the program, but trying to decide whether to live in the honors residential living community (RLC) with a mixed and smaller cohort of students from various majors/colleges or if better to live in her college’s RLC with the larger number of students from her college which is the College of Science and Math. It is tempting to live in the honors RLC since it is guaranteed in the newer dorms, but she is wondering about ease of impromptu study groups in the CSM RLC where so many freshman will be taking the same pre-req classes. Thoughts?

Both Honors and COSAM are located in yakʔitʸutʸu. I was told it is not difficult to form a study group.

There is no guarantee which RLC’s will be in what dorm every year (other then honors most likely).

They seem to always make changes year to year so where things are now is not necessarily a guarantee that they will again be there next year. Housing needs to see how many students have requested which RLC’s and shift things around in effort to accommodate.

Also, keep in mind that a learning community may cover multiple buildings but that doesn’t mean your Mustang will get to choose from all the buildings. When their window opens, they may be given only one building.
Last year they also said they were trying to keep it the same but engineering went from being in Yak two years ago to being spread about among North Mountain and Red Bricks this year

EDITED to add: also rooms of 3 pick their dorms first, then 2’s then 1’s.

Would anyone accepted, waitlisted or rejected to Nutritional Science be willing to provide their stats? Thanks!

1 Like

Only found 1 post for accepted. If you click on the magnifying glass at the top of this discussion, select in this topic and type in your key word, it will list all pertinent posts.

Decision: Accepted
Merit scholarships awarded (if any):
Major (and division if applicable) applied to: Nutrition

ACADEMIC STATS:: 3.8/4.19 Weighted GPA
Calculate your GPAs with GPA Calculator for the University of California – RogerHub
UC Unweighted GPA: 3.8
UC Capped Weighted GPA: 4.19
UC Fully Weighted GPA: 4.1
ELC (top 9% CA HS): No Statewide Gaurantee

Comments about course load (including senior year):
Number of a-g courses: 28 years
Number of UC Approved Honors courses: 3
Number of AP courses/exams (scores in parentheses): 7

SUBJECTIVE::

Extracurriculars: Very good

Job/Work Experience:

Volunteer/Community service:

Summer Activities:

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Cal Poly SLO Freshman Class of 2027 Waitlist Discussion

@Zoey2877 @Momella21
What is the deadline for submitting housing application?
thanks

June 1st

1 Like

Thankyou.

1 Like

Top 20 Public Universities for High-Paying Careers in Tech

1. University of California-Berkeley
  2. University of Michigan-Ann Arbor
  3. University of California-Los Angeles
  4. University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
  5. University of Washington-Seattle Campus
  6. California Polytechnic State University-San Luis Obispo
  7. University of California-San Diego
  8. University of California-Davis
  9. University of California-Santa Cruz
  10. University of Virginia
  11. San Jose State University
  12. Georgia Institute of Technology
  13. University of California - Santa Barbara
  14. California State University - Chico
  15. The University of Texas at Austin
  16. William & Mary
  17. University of California - Irvine
  18. Purdue University
  19. University of Wisconson - Madison
  20. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
1 Like

Parents: has your student already nailed down their roommates? Son and friend are rooming and they are searching for another, but hard to find a single person. Many have already found groups or already in groups of 2 so can’t commit to a triple.