Cal Poly SLO Transfer Thread for Fall 2020

Major: Civil Engineering
GPA: 3.86
AA-T/AS-T?: yes
Pre-reqs: done!
Golden Four: all A’s
Local: No, Bay Area
EC’s : Calculus tutor, college athlete, various part time jobs, winter research internship
Applied: Caly Poly SLO, Cal Poly Pomona(accepted), SJSU(accepted), UC Davis, UC Irvine, SDSU (accepted)

Cal Poly Slo is the only CSU I’m waiting for a decision for now and I can’t wait!
Good luck everyone!

Major: Economics
GPA: 3.63
AA-T/AS-T?: Yes
Pre-reqs: Done
Golden Four: Yes
Local: No (Sacramento Area)
Applied: Cal Poly SLO, SDSU, Long Beach (Accepted), SJSU (accepted)

[Deleted]

Once CollegeConfidential revamped their userface & updated their website, it seems nobody comments on these threads anymore compared to before their update.

What was the update?

CollegeConfidential completely revamped the way their website looks like. It did not used to look like this & it was much easier to find things but not so much anymore. Since then, people have dropped off. Forums used to start a year prior to transferring & have hundreds of posts.

Haven’t heard anything yet, but came to see if people were hearing back

Major: Psychology
GPA: 3.65
AA-T/AS-T?: No
Pre-reqs: Would have to do Social Psych and Developmental in summer if accepted
Golden Four: Yes
Local: No
Applied: SDSU (accepted), SF State (accepted), still waiting on UC Davis, UCSD, UCSB, UCLA, UC Berkeley, and UCSC

Has anyone heard back yet or know of anyone that has?

Major: Psychology
Gpa: 3.7
AAT/AST: Yes, two of them
Pre-rec: Done
Golden 4: Yes
Local: yes.

3rd times a charm? :slight_smile:

This wait is killing me

I’m surprised the freshmen haven’t found out yet. They found out the first Monday of March last year (today)

I really think they’re going to take full advantage of the April 1 deadline for acceptances, for transfers at least. Who knows what process of extra consideration they use for transfers. The supplemental app was due by January so its been a long time since all academic info was collected.

Part of me suspects they may be actually scouting some applicants irl lol. That would be interesting.

Decisions are going out for freshman. So maybe we start expecting decisions next week? I don’t know how long Cal Poly takes from freshman to transfer decisions

That’s good news. The gates are open now so hopefully transfers are released soon.

Last year freshman were released March 1st I think, and transfers started finding out March 8th. So expect some time next week

Last year they found on the first Monday of March. This year it is the first Tuesday, so just one day late. Hopefully that means we will hear before Monday!!!

Hi all, good luck to everyone here! Hopefully we hear soon. Adding my stats.

Major: Studio Art (applying to Art and Design, Photo and Video concentration)
GPA: 3.99, Major: 4.00
AA-T: yes, spring 2020
Pre-reqs: done this spring (1 class left)
Golden 4: A’s
Local: Yes, Cuesta College
EC’s: volunteer work (6-10hrs/week), major related internship (20hr/week)
Applied to: SJSU (accepted), Sac State (accepted)

Major: Agricultural & Environmental Plant Sciences
GPA: 3.83
AA-T/AS-T: Yes two degrees, Spring 2020
Pre-reqs: Completed
Golden 4: Completed
Local: Yes, Allan Hancock College
EC’s: Alpha Gamma Sigma member
Applied to: Cal Poly Pomona (accepted), Fresno State (accepted), Chico State (accepted)

Jeeezus, this is taking long. SDSU already released admissions. C’mon Slo!

I honestly feel like I messed up the supplemental app, like I didn’t put every class I ever took, I just put ones I thought fit their categories? Idk I was confused by it and I feel like it might hinder my chances of acceptance haha yikes :\