6 Likes

Accepted on 2/3/23. CSU GPA is 4.03. UW 4.52
Number of a-g courses taken 9-12th: 30
Number of UC approved Honors/AP/IB or DE classes: 10+
Major: Pre-Nursing
Local/Non-local CA resident/OOS/International: Non-local CA
Honors College Invite: Yes/No ā€“ Yes

1 Like

are there any Criminal Justice majors? Wondering what GPA theyā€™re looking for to be accepted into this major. thank.

For Fall 2022, the admit rate was 28.3% for CJ. Overall average admit CSU GPA was 3.92. For Non-locals it was a 4.01 and local applicants it was a 3.63.

https://data.ir.csulb.edu/t/IRA-Public/views/UndergraduateStudents/FTFH_S_G_P_AAVGandSD?%3Aembed=y&%3AshowAppBanner=false&%3AshowShareOptions=true&%3Adisplay_count=no&%3AshowVizHome=no&%3AdeepLinkingDisabled=y

Decision: Accepted

CSU Capped Weighted GPA (found on CSU application with Maximum of 4.4): 4.4
4 AP Classes, 4 Dual Enrollment Semesters
Intended Major: Pre-Public Affairs
CA Resident
Honors College Invite: Yes

Daughter received email 2/6 (sorry for delay)
Decision: Accepted

Weighted GPA: 3.93 UW 3.8 (9-12)
Number of UC approved Honors/AP/IB or DE classes: 2 AP classes, 2 Honors
Intended Major: Pre-Environmental Science
Local/Non-local CA resident/OOS/International: Non Local, NCAL CA Resident

We got waitlisted for LB but got in first round acceptance with Pomona - physics gpa around 3.7. Non local

1 Like

May I know when you got acceptance notice from Pomona? We are still waiting for it.

It was quite a few weeks back - I need to look but at least 3 or 4 weeks ago. Hope that helps. This is our fav for now. Doing visits next week from Oakland.

1 Like

Accepted
CSU Capped Weighted GPA: 3.28
A-G Total Years 25.5
I have not taken any Honors or AP classes in high school.
Major: Healthcare Administration
In-State, Local
Honors College Invite: Yes
Also qualified for Long Beach college promise (only for local students) which gives access to exclusive scholarships, paid internships, special events, and staff.

3 Likes

I contacted CSULB admissions today and asked whether dual enrollment community college classes are counted as honors classes when determining GPA. The admissions rep said that they do not count the dual enrollment classes as honors. Disappointing for my D24 who has taken a lot of dual enrollment classes & just one AP class - but Iā€™m glad we wonā€™t get our hopes up when she applies to CSULB next year.

1 Like

Son Accepted
Major: CS
CSU GPA: 4.13
In-State

How does CS program at CSULB compare to the CS programs at UCs such as UCSC and UCD? My son is interested in cybersecurity.

1 Like

We are waiting for my son too to hear from Pomonaā€¦ his is aerospace engineering major.

Congrats! When was your son accepted?

Daughter Accepted
Major: Environmental Science
CSU GPA: 4.1
In-State

How does the ES program at [CSULB] compare to the Environmental Biology programs at CPP or Climate Science at SJSU?

2 Likes

Heard from them 3 weeks ago

He heard from them about 4 weeks ago.

Has anyone here not gotten a decision yet? I still havenā€™t heard anything, really hope I get a decision before April.

Sorry just found my way back to this thread. She received her decision on 2/10, the same day as her friends from the same HS. Only two were accepted, she was one of 2 waitlisted, and all others were rejected. Iā€™d say out of a total of 10-12 of her friends.

was requested to send transcripts, translations and english proficiency test 2/24. Sent it the same day, havenā€™t heard since. Called Admissions Office 3/21 and they said that nothing has been received and I should email the INT AO again, also INT office hasnā€™t had a phone number for 2 years, there isnā€™t any other way to contact them :frowning: