Can you send in only certain AP scores?

<p>Hello, I’m wanting to send in an AP score to receive credit for it, but I have also taken other AP Exams. My scores on these are good (5’s), but I don’t want college credit for them, since I do not need it and it would just be more elective credit than I need. I only need it from that one AP test. Is there a way I can send in just that score, or can I request only that one score to be used for credit? These AP classes were not taken this year, they were taken my 9th/10th grade years. Thanks!</p>

<p>???</p>

<p>there is no harm in sending them all. what is your concern/??</p>

<p>""“would just be more elective credit than I need. “””</p>

<p>so??? it is better to have those credits so that you’ll have a higher standing earlier so you can have earlier priority for registration each semester.</p>

<p>What are you afraid of? there is nothing to fear.</p>

<p>I’ll have a lot of credits coming in, and I don’t want to go over the 180 credits for undergrad for financial aid. I won’t have close to that yet, but if I change my major in the future, it could possibly go over. Does that make sense?</p>

<p>,<<<
don’t want to go over the 180 credits for undergrad for financial aid.
<<<<</p>

<p>which FA are you talking about? what FA did you get?</p>

<p>,<<<
I only need it from that one AP test.
<,<<</p>

<p>this sounds wrong. what AP credits do you have and why do you think that you only need this ONE? </p>

<p>List your AP classes and scores</p>

<p>what is your major?</p>

<p>8 semesters of classes at 17 credits per semester is 136 credits. can you afford to go to school for more than 4 years?</p>

<p>I’m not familiar with financial aid rules, as my D has never received need-based aid, but those AP credits will help your registration priority, so consider that before you decide not to send them.</p>

<p>UA and other colleges/universities require you to submit all of your college transcripts and any applicable test scores.</p>

<p>The satisfactory progress (180 credits) rule for federal aid has multiple exceptions and an appeals process. Graduate classes do not count towards the 180 credit rule and no appeal is needed if the student goes over 180 credits during their final semester. You’ll likely get an email each semester after earning 150 undergraduate credits reminding you of the satisfactory academic progress policy.</p>

<p>What are your intended majors? It should be possible to create a workable solution.</p>

<p>the OP has the presidential scholarship, so should need to graduate in 4 years. </p>

<p>the ap credits arent all electives…most would likely go towards required Core classes, so i dont know why the OP only thinks credits from one are needed.</p>

<p>If the student has AP english credits, then those take the place of english comp. If she has history credits, then those satisfy HI credits and the sequence reqt. If she has AP calc credit and AP science credits, then those fulfill math and N reqts…and so forth.</p>

<p>I already have my general ed classes and most of my prereqs for my major, Accounting. I have a lot of dual-enrollment credits, to be at junior standing when I come in. AP credits could potentially put me at senior standing, though I’m not sure how UA handles that, and I don’t want that. My AP credits were sent, unfortunately, since I didn’t know this until yesterday and my scores were sent before, and they weren’t cancelled (I was told they could be, but unfortunately they were processed anyway). </p>

<p>Is there anyway I could request for them not to be used, anyway at all? I really don’t want those to be used, and I’m so upset that I didn’t know about this rule until yesterday. If I transfer in with credits, apparently that changes the 180 rule too, making it less? <a href=“Page Not Found | The University of Alabama”>Page Not Found | The University of Alabama; under example B. There’s no way I could attend without financial aid, and there’s no way I could take all my undergrad courses in less than 60 credits?</p>

<p>I would still need to take four semesters of undergrad work, then I was planing on possibly taking four semesters of grad work. This transfer/AP credit is messing everything up.</p>

<p>""“would still need to take four semesters of undergrad work, then I was planing on possibly taking four semesters of grad work. This transfer/AP credit is messing everything up.”""</p>

<p>grad school classes dont count.</p>

<p>are you coming in with 120 credits?</p>

<p>what do you mean when you say that you cant complete your undergrad in 60 credits? you have lower division done…</p>

<p>are you doing university scholars and using your scholarship for those last 4 semesters? hopefully sea-tide will chime in…not sure if you have to take one undergrad class each semester or not.</p>

<p>please clarify what you have in AP and what you have in dual enrollment. it sounds like some may be duplicate…if so, those wont be used. </p>

<p>for instance, if you have ap english credit, but you also took frosh comp as dual enrollment, then the ap wont count.</p>

<br>

<br>

<p>You will be within your reasonable length of time during your first 99 hours of coursework attempted at The University of Alabama.
<<<<</p>

<p>is an acct’g degree 120 credits? </p>

<p>how many ap and de credits do you have? please list them all</p>

<p>I believe an accounting degree is 120 credits, yes.</p>

<p>I took AP World History, Human Geo, Psych, and Environmental Science, which would be 16 credits. I’ve taken 76 dual enrollment credits. This would put me at 92 credits transferred in. If it goes by 120- 92 = 28 x1.5 = only 42 hours I can still take with financial aid… I’m missing one prereq, which I was going to take over the summer, but now I’m not longer sure if I can, but then I couldn’t take the upper-division courses I need. I’m so angry at myself right now for not realizing this before sending those ap scores. I don’t understand why I can’t get up to 180 hours attempted just because I have transfer credits as a freshman? 42+92 would only put me at 134 hours. </p>

<p>Is there any way that some of these credits might not transfer, like they won’t be accepted because it’s too many/just electives? I don’t need all of those credits, and I cannot believe I missed something like this… it doesn’t make sense to me why my credits should hurt me more than help, which I was always told they would help anything, more credits the better, but that’s obviously not the case. I don’t know who to contact at UA either about this…</p>

<p>And no, the ap is not duplicates… they would come in as electives I think, except for science, since I still need science credits. But I don’t need more electives, I really don’t and don’t want them. I have all my general electives fulfilled, my english, history, math… I need fine arts/language still, I have all my prereqs except that one, which I can’t get an override with.</p>

<p>Thank you so much for your help, by the way. I appreciate it.</p>

<p><<,
only 42 hours I can still take with financial aid…
<<<</p>

<p>hmmm…you need to contact the FA office…dont just talk to whoever answers the phone, ask to speak to a FA officer.</p>

<p>I wonder if you can apply to start taking grad classes soon…like after the first semester or so.</p>

<p>are you doing univ scholars? </p>

<p>26 credits the first year
14 credits the 3rd semester
leaves 2 …so you can take a full load that 4th semester…according to sea_tide.</p>

<p>we need sea-tide to chime in with more info on this and univ scholars…not sure if you can use grad loans at that point or not.</p>

<p>Oh no, I’m not in Univ Scholars, sorry. Just the Presidential Scholarship and honors college.
And I don’t think I could take grad classes until I’m done with all my undergrad classes.
<a href=“Page Not Found | The University of Alabama”>Page Not Found | The University of Alabama;
^ Semesters 5-8 are what I’m missing, along with one of the prereqs, so I can’t take those semesters unless I can take the prereq this summer, which I am currently waiting for a reply back on. But then if I take that summer class, my credits go up to 95, which makes the number I could take go down to 37.5. I’d need one more semester, or two, where I wouldn’t have financial aid. I don’t know if I could even get in those classes or not. It’s a mess.</p>

<p>sea_tide did PM me earlier about the appeals process, where you can appeal to get the financial aid if you go over, but I’m not sure how that works exactly, or if it’s easily granted to people in this sort of situation… I’m just so worried now and wish I’d known this sooner.</p>

<p>And when contacting FA… I know they’re open 24/7 now apparently? But would the FA officers that handle these situations be in?</p>

<p>you need to apply to UnivScholars…maybe even now if possible.</p>

<p>The University Scholars Program. The University Scholars Program is intended for gifted and highly motivated candidates for BA and BS degrees at The University of Alabama whose objectives include degrees at the master’s or doctoral level. In participating University Scholars departments, with a closely integrated undergraduate and graduate program, qualified students begin graduate study in their senior year; such a program may lead to simultaneous completion of requirements for both master’s and bachelor’s degrees, each within its specified framework.
A student may enroll in only one University Scholars program.</p>

<p>Students in the University Scholars Program are classified as undergraduates until they complete requirements for their undergraduate degrees and therefore may not hold graduate assistantships until their classifications are changed to graduate status. At that time, University Scholars will also become eligible for graduate fellowships and scholarships.</p>

<p>Any department that offers a graduate program may, with the approval of the dean of the Graduate School, participate in the University Scholars Program. The following programs currently are approved to participate in the University Scholars Program:</p>

<p>College of Arts and Sciences:
American Studies
Biological Sciences
Chemistry
Criminal Justice
Economics (College of A&S)
English
French
Geography
Geological Sciences
German
Mathematics
Physics & Astronomy
Political Science
College of Commerce and Business Administration:
Applied Statistics
Economics (College of C&BA)
Finance
Operations Management
College of Communication and Information Sciences:
Advertising and Public Relations
Communication Studies
Journalism
College of Engineering:
Aerospace Engineering and Mechanics
Chemical Engineering
Civil & Environmental Engineering
Computer Science
Electrical & Computer Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
College of Human Environmental Sciences:
Consumer Sciences
Health Studies (Sports Medicine Concentration)
Human Nutrition and Hospitality Management (Food & Nutrition Concentration)
The following are minimum requirements; divisions or departments may set higher standards:</p>

<p>Phase I: Admission to Phase I is by invitation of the department and the dean of the Graduate School. Admission is chiefly determined by the faculty’s estimate of a student’s talents, motivation, and potential for graduate study. Students may also apply for admission to Phase I through their major department during the second semester of the sophomore year. Contingent upon completion of 61 semester hours of study and with a grade point average in all courses taken of not less than 3.3 (as computed without the plus/minus system), students are admitted to Phase I at the beginning of their junior year on recommendation of the departments to which they have applied. During the junior year, students will take between four and six courses in their major field, as advised by their departments, to prepare them for the work of Phase II. Students seeking admission to Phase I will be informed by their departments if their admission requirements differ from those specified here.</p>

<p>Phase II: Admission to graduate study is also by invitation and is facilitated by, but not dependent upon, participation in Phase I. On completion of no fewer than 91 hours (ordinarily at the end of the junior year), students may apply for and be accepted for admission to the Graduate School. They must have grade point averages of not less than 3.3 (as computed without the plus/minus system) in all courses. Transfer students are subject to the published residence regulations and must have completed the last 30 hours in residence. Admission to the Graduate School will be granted if the student has (a) met all the criteria above as well as other minimum requirements for graduate admission (see “Admission Criteria” in this Catalog), (b) completed three-fourths of the hours required for the major and the minor, © met all requirements for the core curriculum, and (d) been recommended by the department to which he or she is seeking admission. (In special circumstances, departments may elect to invite an application and recommend acceptance of an applicant with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.)</p>

<p>Upon admission to the Graduate School, the student will begin a program of study leading to the master’s or doctoral degree as approved by his or her department and by the dean of the Graduate School. The program of study for prospective University Scholars must be submitted to the Graduate School prior to the student’s enrollment in graduate classes.</p>

<p>The bachelor’s degree normally will be awarded at the commencement immediately following satisfactory completion of the first year of graduate study and attainment of a total of 128 semester hours of credit or the minimum required by the college. Graduate-level courses (numbered 500 and above) taken in the senior year/first year of graduate study may count toward both the bachelor’s and graduate degrees. No more than 15 graduate-level hours (numbered 500 and above) may be dual counted towards both the bachelor’s and graduate degree. Interested students should check with their departments for specific coursework requirements. Participants in the University Scholars Program are exempt from the degree limit of 36 hours in a single department. The master’s or doctoral degree will be awarded upon satisfactory completion of the requirements for these degrees. In some cases, the bachelor’s and master’s degrees may be awarded simultaneously; the completion of the master’s degree, however, may require an additional time period.</p>

<p>I didn’t see accounting on that list of degrees available… only finance. I wasn’t planning on doing finance or anything, so I’m not sure if I could do that?</p>

<p>Send all your AP scores. Colleges will only use them for credit if you ask them to. However you don’t want to retake the same courses in college so it’s best to have your APs on record. </p>