Case Western Reserve Early Decision/Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Son received an email on 12/15 and I got one on Sat 12/18. Try not to read too much into this all, son was rejected from his EDI school after receiving a direct and unsolicited email from a professsor heading a department and a honors program. They set up a time to meet in person and the AO knew about it all. We were sure it meant good news. It did not :frowning: Our first child going through this and I have lost a bit of credibility in the process.

2 Likes

Yes

I just checked my email, and the last I got one was also on Dec. 12 like my D22.

If you donā€™t mind me asking, what was the email about that you go on Sat., 12/18? Just curious.

I am sorry that happened to your son. What a shock that must have been. I have to say it was CWRU that sent my D18 an email about seeing her on campus the night before RD decisions came out (she had been deferred from EA that year). Turns out, she was waitlisted. And we actually had gone ahead and registered her for an Accepted Students Day from that email. Her GC was so upset. She called CWRU to see what the deal was, and they said that email was a mistake, but upon checking, my D18 had not received the follow up email CWRU had sent out saying that was a mistake email. It was the most gut wrenching situation my D18 had to go through during her whole process.

Similar story @Winky1. Iā€™m sorry. It is rough for our students and I realize marketing is important for schools, but they truly need to be more cognizant of how emotional this process is for kids. More or less: I wish they would stay away from contacting them as the deadlines approach. So I looked, seems we get email with some regularity from two sources - admissions@case.edu and then admissions@gocwru.org. Isnā€™t that weird? Iā€™m so leery now, due to what just happened to him.

1 Like

What was the topic of the 12/18 email? Iā€™d like to see if something comes through. Thanks. Yes, very tough at times. My D22 is more objective. I coach her because of what D18 went through. D22 thinks she will not get into CWRU. I told her, she may not. But she could also be deferred or get in, and that is the truth.

1 Like

It was a marketing email - Best and Brightest offers tips on how top performers go through the college decision-making process.

It wasnā€™t personal at allā€¦and the content seemed to cast a very wide net. I think it is random.

1 Like

learn about Case Western Reserve University this month with online and in-person events.

This was the topic of the last email I got from them. :slight_smile:

yep, and it was personalized. it came from admissions@cwru.edu, these other ones come from admissions@gocwru.org. If I had to describe it, these other emails feel like ā€˜hypeā€™ email. Does that make sense?

us too, same email

Oh, this is crummy! Hope your son has bounced back.

1 Like

Oh, what a nightmare. I hope things go more smoothly for D22!

2 Likes

hoping for a Win (arenā€™t we all)ā€¦and a deferment would count :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Last one here was Nov. 27. Before that it was a dozen or so a month and now nothing. Trying not to take it as a bad sign!

Anyone else get emails from admissions@gocwru.org as well as admissions@cwru.edu? Why the two sources?

Yes, we received from both. I told my kid to make a recruiting email account to use on the PSATā€“this email was also initially initially used to sign up for Case online visits. I think my email address was entered at some point in the process tooā€“perhaps during common app submission (which also required kidā€™s school email address instead of the recruiting email address), but maybe earlier. Iā€™m guessing Case just has multiple marketing lists and uses different emailsā€“maybe one list for the recruiting process and another list for students who have applied?

Also, some earlier posts make me think that Case is doing some targeting marketingā€“we received some emails extolling the performing arts at Case because my kid had expressed interest in the arts. It didnā€™t look like everyone received that. So you might be on some distribution lists that target your kidā€™s interests.

1 Like

Is everyone able to register online for an admitted students event through the visit calendar? This is my sonā€™s first choice school and weā€™re trying not to get our hopes up. We didnā€™t receive an email on Dec. 18.

Yes but we figured it is just our there for the ED kids to already register.

Is it on the portal, this Visit Calendar?

If you click on the portal to register for an in person event, it will bring you to a screen that would allow you to register for an admitted student event. As @baerli said It looks like itā€™s there for the Early Decision students.

Yes, I checked the portal. She can register for an Accepted Student Event. And I clicked Confirm Enrollment just for the fun of it, and it bounced back to her account, lol. Same when I clicked Admitted Student Portal. Iā€™m cracking myself up over here

2 Likes