CBHP Reserve Pool

<p>Hi everyone! I was just wondering if anyone who was placed in the reserve pool for the Computer Based Honors Program had heard anything from Dr. Sharpe or Mrs. Batson. Mrs. Batson said they would be notifying those chosen around June. I know there are a lot of incredibly qualified people, so I’m not getting my hopes up, but I am curious if anyone heard anything either way. </p>

<p>I was told at my Bama Bound session. Best of luck!</p>

<p>almost…have you recently sent them updates that you are still very interested? If not, do so…the squeaky wheel gets noticed.</p>

<p>Thanks sljlondonusa! Now I’m wishing I didn’t pick such a late session.</p>

<p>mom2collegekids - I did a little over a month ago, I wasn’t sure if it would be too much to do so again as I don’t really have any new information to provide?</p>

<p>Well, since you picked a late session for BB, you might want to contact Mrs. B again and mention something along the lines of continued interest and ask if a late BB attendance will exclude you from consideration. If the late BB is an issue, ask if there is something else you can do. </p>

<p>Thank you for your advice! I’ll definitely send her a message.</p>

<p>My DS received an email from Mrs. Batson on 5/30. </p>

<p>It is mentioned here:
<a href=“http://uanews.ua.edu/2014/06/uas-computer-based-honors-program-names-participants-for-2014-2015/”>http://uanews.ua.edu/2014/06/uas-computer-based-honors-program-names-participants-for-2014-2015/&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Congratulations to all the recipients, UA attracting the best of the best in the US…ROLL TIDE</p>

<p>Awesome - I do not recall UA publishing the names before - this is nice to see where they all come from, and for the students to get an early jump on getting to know each other! Congrats to all you super smart and talented young people! </p>

<p>Just a reminder – If you are not selected to CBHP there are other avenues for freshmen to begin research. Emerging Scholars is one program. The Honors College will also help kids find projects. And never hesitate to approach professors directly. </p>

<p>Emerging Scholars opens July 1st. My son is interested by will be out of town until the 6th. Does anyone know if this delay might hurt his chance to be accepted? Should he contact anyone ahead of time to let them know of his interest?</p>

<p>There is one less spot in CBH. I just received my acceptance into the program today from the reserve pool. </p>

<p>Congratulations! :slight_smile: </p>