Chance me for UC/CSU

I have a UC/CSU GPA of 3.04 Weighted and my SAT is 1400. I am considering Biology Major.
i am from Northern California what are my chances at the UC/CSU schools?

Do you have any location preferences?

For the UC’s, you just make the bare minimum to apply so your only chance would be UC Merced and even that school will still be a tough admit. UC’s tend to be very focused so much will depend upon if you have extenuating circumstances leading to a lower GPA. Your SAT is definitely within range for many of the UC’s. How is your HS course rigor? EC’s?

Freshman admit rates for UC GPA of 3.00-3.39 capped weighted and major specific:

UCB: 1.1%
UCLA: 0.9%
UCSD: 0.9%
UCSB: 1.4%
UCI: 3.1%
UCD: 4.1%
UCSC: 14.3%
UCR: 22.9%
UCM: 56.7%

25th - 75th percentiles for SAT:

UCB: 1360-1540

UCLA: 1340-1540
UCSD: 1300-1520
UCSB: 1270-1500
UCD: 1220-1480
UCI: 1230-1490
UCSC: 1210-1450
UCR: 1130-1380
UCM: 1020-1280

For the CSU’s, all admit (except SLO) by Eligibility index and major. EI= (CSU capped weighted x800) + (SAT Math + EBRW)
So your EI is 3832 which could be competitive for most the CSU’s except the following: Cal Poly SLO, CSU Long Beach, San Diego State, CSU Fullerton and Cal Poly Pomona.

What is your local CSU, since you will get priority and require a lower EI threshold for an acceptance?

Some biology majors at SJSU recently required eligibility index higher than 3832.

http://www.sjsu.edu/admissions/impaction/impactionresultsfreshmen/

Not to be a downer but, your chances at any UC are just about nil.

With your EI, most of the CSUs would be happy to have you. Which is best for you depends on your interests. For example, Chico, Humboldt and Sonoma have the most ‘residential’ feel, while Sac, SJ and SF are surrounded by somewhat large cities.

What are you looking for.

Is that 3.04 a capped weighted or uncapped weighted? If it’s uncapped and your capped is below 3 you probably won’t be eligible for any UC at all.

Have you thought about CCs? With your SAT score, you might be better off taking the CC route and trying for the UCs 2 years later.

@NCalRent and @ProfessorPlum168: Just for context, OP has been PMing me in regards to their GPA and I have helped them figure out their CSU/UC capped weighted which I calculated at 3.09. OP is aware that UC’s are probably not going to happen but are targeting the Cal states. I have also brought up the idea of a CC to UC transfer with TAG.

@NCalRent and @ProfessorPlum168 and@Gumbymom,

Thanks for your feedback.

The 3.08 GPA is capped and weighted and I also took 4 SAT Subject tests in addition to the SAT General Test where I scored 1400 with 21 in essay. Having seen the responses and feedback, I am leaning towards CSU’s in San Jose/Fullerton/San Francisco/Pomona.

Unfortunately, Cal States do not consider SAT subject tests in their application review. Only SAT/ACT test scores (they also superscore), CSU capped weighted GPA, HS course rigor, Geographic location (in local service area and in-state).

You could apply to UC Riverside and/or Merced if you would consider attending, since you never can predict UC admissions.

I am in state candidate and will be non-local to all these CSUs in San Jose/SFO/Fullerton/Pomona. I will apply to
these 2 UC’s Riverside and Merced to see if my SAT Subject tests will be considered to offset my low GPA.