Chance me GWU transfer Fall 2019

I’m currently a freshman attending Penn State and hoping to transfer to GW for the Fall 2019 semester. GW has been my dream school forever, but unfortunately I was denied my freshman year. I realized my faults in my application, and am hoping this time around I will be accepted as a Psychology major. I have a 3.63 GPA currently for my fall semester with all A’s except for one C in chemistry, which is a notoriously hard course at UP. I had a 4.0 (96) weighted GPA in high school with extracurriculars such as Student Gov, captain of varsity soccer, vice president of Italian Honor Society, member of National Honor Society, etc. I secured a Teaching Assistant position for next semester for a Psychology 100 course, got on the Dean’s List for the fall semester, I’m a member of a sustainability club, a health and wellness club, and a community service sorority. I’m extremely nervous but also extremely hopeful; there’s no place I’d rather be than Foggy Bottom.

If anyone could let me know how my chances look that would be great. Also, on the Common App in the Documents section there is an option for a ‘Personal Statement,’ is that where we respond to the prompt as to why we want to transfer?

Thank you.