Chance me please?

<p>Hey guys I'm a senior and I'm apply to VT for regular decission and i just wanted to know my chances of getting in. I'm from nova and I'd be applying to one of the science schools.</p>

<p>-G.P.A- U.W 3.7 as of last year but I think it's gone up this year
-SAT Scores- 1700 (not good I know...)
-ACT- 25
-Lots of activities where I hold alot of officer positions
-Lots of volunteering
-Pretty good rec. letters...</p>

<p>Do I have a shot? About 1/8 of people from my school go to tech so I'm sure it's pretty competitive for me but please chance me? Thanks!</p>

<p>Whats the breakdown of your SAT'S, I'm not to sure how competitive their science college is, but i think you will get in.</p>

<p>i agree they have like 67% acceptance rate</p>

<p>Math 650
Writing 620
Reading 480</p>

<p>Thank you for input! Do you think I should write the personal statement since it's optional and they said it's not considered?</p>

<p>I would do the personal statement, if it is on the application they can look at it. It can only help you.</p>

<p>denied unless you retake the Sat</p>

<p>really? would i be able to take the SAT's again in January?</p>

<p>Your critical reading is holding you back like no other, so you HAVE to write the essay. Review it with your English teachers, and make sure it is unique and beneficial. Definitely look into retaking the SAT, it might be too late, but look into it.</p>

<p>your UW gpa is really good for Tech at least, but what classes are you taking. If you are taking a bunch of AP's or Ib's then u have a lot better shot than I thought at first.</p>

<p>Do I stand any shot with these STATS?</p>

<p>School: A top private all-girl school in wilmington, DE</p>

<p>GPA: 3.25 cumm
Started off bad but rose significantly. have been receiving 3.6-3.8 since soph year.</p>

<p>first honors.
ap lang. ap lit. ap euro. all honors classes.</p>

<p>HOWEVER</p>

<p>SAT: 460 M, 540 V, 550 W
ACT: 21 COMPOSITE, 20 MATH</p>

<p>i took them twice but did worse the 2nd time. Guess im not a good test taker?</p>

<p>Extracurricular:
LOTS of swimming, however don't want to swim in college. volunteer work (tons)
art honor society, international club, mock law, spirit club
worked school year and summer</p>

<p>major: marketing</p>

<p>Stats are a bit low. You might get waitlisted.</p>

<p>Yes most definitely fill in the box that you can write about some experience that held you back or affected your academics. You probably won't get in, unless your high school is ranked extremely high, but you could always go to a community college or another college for a year and transfer to a better school than tech.</p>

<p>My friend just got in. He got a 1100 on SATS. 22 on ACT. no sports. 3.7 GPA.
major: Political Science. </p>

<p>However, he did Early Decision? That defintely gave him a boost.</p>

<p>I'm takin 4 AP's this year.... I really hope I get in. I heard it's harder to get in through Early Decision though?</p>