Chance me Sam Fox Washu ED1

Demographics
White Female, New York, high income, double major in biology and studio art while on the premed track (main school is the Sam Fox School).

I think my art portfolio is pretty good. I mainly do photography and digital art.

GPA: 97/100 w, N/A uw (massive grade deflation at my school)
Mid-sized, competitive Public School
Test Scores: Test optional

Coursework
Took 7 APs: AP Physics 1, AP Studio Art (4 on AP), APUSH, AP Gov, AP Calc AB, AP Micro, AP Chemistry (did not take tests for the rest)
Took 1 honors class: Honors Chemistry
Took 1 college class: College Psychology
Took Four years of Latin

Awards

• Honor roll all of high school
  • Many Scholastic Art and Writing Awards Gold Keys in Photography and digital art during all four years
  • Sold artwork to a museum
  • National Honors Society
  • National Latin Exam Silver Medal
  • National Art Honors Society, National Latin Honors Society
  • New York State Olympics of the Visual Arts first place in jewelry and second place in photography
  • All County Art
  • Long Islands Best Art Competition

Extracurriculars

• In four clubs: Olympics of the visual arts (art based competition club), Photography Club, National Art Honors Society, Premedical Society
  • Leadership:
    Olympics of the visual arts: Secretary (10th), VP (11th), President (12th)
    Photography Club: Treasurer (10th), VP (11th), President (12th)
    National Art Honors Society: Historian (11th), VP (12th)
  • I play tennis outside of school
  • I have a part-time job working with an art teacher who teaches art classes to children
  • I did two pre-college summer programs in photography and emergency medicine
  • I traveled to Hawaii, Greece, and Italy to do community service (90 hours of service)

Essays/LORs/Other
I think my main essay is pretty strong
LORs: I asked my AP Physics teacher and my APUSH teacher. I think both letters are pretty strong.

With [WashU]

• I visited campus
  • I did the optional 90 second video
  • Alumni interview (I think my interview went very well)
  • National Portfolio Day (the reviewer really liked my portfolio)
  • Schoolhouseworld math certifications
  • Went to admission counselor presentation at my school

Cost Constraints / Budget
None

OP - you’ve asked this already - see the previous responses you got - they’re not going to change.

Chance me WashU in St Louis ED1 and other schools - What Are My Chances and Matches? - College Confidential Forums

I wanted to see if people knew what my chances would be just for the art school.

Looks like people are answering the art school question on the other thread. So since this thread is duplicative, I’m closing.

1 Like