Chance me?

<p>Hi, I am a junior in high school. I will be applying to UA in the summer time and was wondering if any of you could see what you think my chances are. I am in-state (Mobile area) and here are my stats:</p>

<p>3.4 unweighted GPA
3.7 weighted GPA
26 on the ACT (retook, get new results Monday)
Taken 5 - 8 honor courses
1 AP
Some community service (going to get some more during June before I apply in July)
Work a part-time job which I work 20-30 hours
3 - 4 EC’s.</p>

<p>Thanks in advance for your answers!</p>

<p>You’ll get accepted. Send your app in July…it should be available by mid-month or so. </p>

<p>Welcome and Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Hope your score improves, too! </p>

<p>Also, take the SAT…you may do better and get a scholarship!!! But you have to take it by November for it to count for scholarships. You have to take the ACT by October for it to count for scholarships.</p>

<p>32.333%, repeating of course :-)</p>

<p>Seriously though, you’ll have no problem getting accepted with those numbers. If you raise your ACT up 2 points I think you’ll get some scholarship money as well.</p>

<p>BTW, the standard UA application doesn’t even consider extra curriculars or recommendations. They may come in handy for outside scholarships though.</p>

<p>If the scholarships for instate students don’t change…</p>

<p>(note that SAT scores are Math + Critical Reading only.)</p>

<p>Capstone Scholar</p>

<p>An in-state first-time freshman student who meets the December 1st scholarship priority deadline, has a 27 ACT or 1210-1240 SAT score and at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA will be selected as a Capstone Scholar and will receive $1,500 per year ($6,000 over four years).</p>

<p>Collegiate Scholar</p>

<p>An in-state first-time freshman student who meets the December 1st scholarship priority deadline, has a 28-29 ACT or 1250-1320 SAT score and at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA will be selected as a Collegiate Scholar and will receive $3,500 per year ($14,000 over four years).</p>

<p>Presidential Scholar</p>

<p>An in-state first-time freshman student who meets the December 1st scholarship priority deadline, has a 30-36 ACT or 1330-1600 SAT score and at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA will be selected as a Presidential Scholar and will receive the value of in-state tuition for four years. </p>

<p>And, do take the SAT as well. For some kids, it’s easier to get a combined SAT Math + CR score to get a scholarship.</p>

<p>Thanks everyone! And I am in-state, and I looked at their scholarships. And I didn’t know they don’t care about extra curricular’s or community service. I guess that kind of makes it even. Thanks again guys.</p>

<p>Bama uses a GPA and test score formula for admittance. The “extra” things are really only considered when kids are “borderline” for admittance or for special scholarships.</p>

<p>Alright thanks. Do you know the formula or is it just minimum GPA and ACT type thing?</p>

<p>Barring any unlikely changes to the admissions or scholarship awarding processes, UA awards scholarships and bases admissions decisions on GPA and SAT/ACT scores. Borderline applicants are evaluated using different criteria, but if you qualify for one of the automatic merit scholarships, you will get it.</p>

<p>Bama doesn’t publish the exact formula…but if a student has a 3.0 GPA and has taken the required classes for acceptance, then the school is more liberal with test scores. </p>

<p>The bottom line is that you’re not borderline, so don’t worry. :)</p>

<p>However, if you need a scholarship to make attendance more affordable, then try to raise your score high enough.</p>

<p>Have you asked your parents how much they’ll pay each year for college? if not, do so. :)</p>

<p>Alright thanks guys! I took the ACT again and get my scores back Monday and I’m hoping to get a 28 on it for their scholarship for in-state students. I think my parents would only be willing to pay my necessities and IF I need a loan they said they would pay all of the interest. I really don’t want them to pay anything because they have done enough for me already. Being in-state really helps too! Thanks again!</p>

<p>Because they have done enough for you already! Sound like my kind of kid… RTR</p>

<p>Not one person got my Leroy Jenkins reference???</p>

<p>I think my parents would only be willing to pay my necessities and IF I need a loan they said they would pay all of the interest.</p>

<p>Do you mean to say that your parents are willing to pay for tuition, room, board, and books, but you’ll have to pay for any extras? If you do get the ACT 28 or higher, then you might consider using the scholarship to help pay for the honors dorms…which do cost more. </p>

<p>What is your major?</p>

<p>^^went right over our heads NJBama!</p>