<p>Chance me
3.84 GPA (39 credits) in State University of New York
:completed pre-business courses except economics
2 letters of recommendations
Fine essay
International student
Apply to business major
chance?</p>

<p>Kio, I think you have great chances to the school overall with your GPA. I’m not sure how competitive the business major is but if you have good essays I bet you have a chance!</p>

<p>haha thank you so much !! I saw your posting under fall 2013 decision :)</p>

<p>You have to take classes on campus before you can be admitted to the B school.</p>

<p>"Students transferring from a private college or university in Wisconsin or outside the state must complete a minimum of 12 credits IN RESIDENCE at UW-Madison, as well as Sophomore or Junior Admission Requirements to be eligible. In addition, students applying under this status will need to have achieved a total of 24 credits (including credits from UW-Madison and previous institution) to be considered eligible. These students may apply the first spring after their 12 credit in-residence requirement is fulfilled.</p>

<p>I mean pre-business.
I applied transfer student as business major for Fall 2013 but it will be pre-business if I accepted. I just want to know that I can get in UW as pre-biz or now.</p>

<p>Technically, there is no pre-Business admission or on the optimistic side, everyone that’s admitted can consider themselves pre-Business. Once admitted to the University as a whole, you can take the appropriate classes and follow the process for the Buisness School, or any other school in the University. You list a major as part of the Admissions process for planning purposes only.</p>

<p>For people that don’t do the research, this is an important concept and is very different than many major universities that do direct admissions to certain programs/departments/schools in a University.</p>