UW-Madison Business School

<p>I'm a recently accepted transfer student who will trying to get into the business school as soon as possible. I heard it's very hard to get into which scares me a bit. I'm just wondering what are the best ways to get in, what are the requirements, some of the steps to take to get admission. I don't want to switch schools again, Madison is my dream school. I want to get my degree from there. I've discussed with my parents that if I couldn't get in I'd just change my major to political science. Any advice would be useful.</p>

<p>Requirements are to take Economics 101 (Micro), Psychology 202 (Introduction), Math 211 or 221 (First semester calculus), and English 100 </p>

<p>They say a range of GPA that is good to get in but after talking to the head of admissions the lowest accepted last time around was a 2.75 (a lot of involvement and good essays)</p>

<p>In the application there is a resume (be involved in college), they look at overall GPA, pre-business GPA (the 4 classes listed above), and essays. </p>

<p>Acceptance rate is roughly 60%.</p>

<p>If you have AP credit, would you be exempt from those classes? If so, what would be the pre-business GPA?</p>

<p>If you have AP credit, you are exempt. Pre-Business is calculated on whatever of those for classes you DO take. Unless you test out of all of them you will have some form of pre-business GPA.</p>

<p>What happens if you actually test out of all of them (which I plan to do)?</p>

<p>I’m not really sure! Probably a good question to ask when you are registering for classes with the Business school advisers at SOAR.</p>

<p>I checked this out a bit, although I sitll have some questions.</p>

<p>The decision is made on the following:
Business Pre-reqs (yes you can test out of these)
UW GPA (minimum 24 credit hours based on SOAR advisor recommendations)
Resume
(2) Essays </p>

<p>If you have tested out of Pre-reqs, you skip that step, although SOAR advisor will put you into some courses to “test” you. No facts on this, but two friends told me that the classes they put you in will definitely be tougher than the ones you tested out of. They want to test you with a quality course load.</p>