Chancellor’s Scholars Notification

Congrats!

D found out yesterday, no chancellor’s but recieved Provost which will make TCU an option. Does anyone know what % of finalists get Provost? Wondering how close she was to Chancellor’s

@TXmom223 Can you give any more detail on what Provost scholarship is? My D still hasn’t heard anything.

Provost’s value is $140k, so a nice chunk of change. Replaces the Dean’s

@vpmom0808

Congratulations to those who have received notification. Still waiting. Has anyone from outside the state or Texas heard anything? From yesterday or today ?

Nothing yet in GA. :frowning:

Thank you, @TXmom223. That’s certainly a great award! Congratulations to you and your daughter. Every student I met at the weekend was impressive, so I hope TCU awards as many as possible.

I’m in Louisiana and got a fedex with a paper saying my DD got the provost! Congrats and goodluck to everyone!

The notice just arrived. Our daughter was awarded the Chancellor’s Scholarship! We are so delighted. Everyone we met at Chancellor’s weekend deserves it too. Good luck!

Her particulars are:

• 4.0 unweighted GPA,
  • 1570 SAT,
  • EA's include Volleyball, NHS, NEHS, State Band, many volunteer activities
  • Lots of AP classes (more than I can recall)

My son just got the FedEx package! He was awarded the Chancellor’s Scholarship! It was truly an amazing group of students at the weekend, and I can’t imagine how hard it would have been to select among them. My son is very excited and so grateful for this opportunity! Good luck to all of you!

I just got my package! By the grace of God I was selected as a Chancellor’s Scholar! This is so exciting!

My daughter received her package. She was selected as a Chancellor’s Scholar! We are so excited!

So grateful for this opportunity for my daughter. She just received the chancellor’s scholarship! So many talented students. Anyone that was considered for this opportunity is amazing and will have a bright future wherever they end up !

After anxiously awaiting for several hours for our daughter to get home from her UIL competition and open the envelope from Fed Ex, we were thrilled to find out she was awarded the Chancellor’s scholarship. Like many others, we are so grateful for the opportunity she now has to attend TCU. Congratulations to the many others who received the Chancellor’s or Provost scholarship and looking forward to a fantastic class of 2023.

Can you be eligible for the Chancellors scholarship even if you applied regular decision

1 Like

Bubblytaco - Depending on when you submitted the RD app that would generally be a negative ghost rider…

“The Chancellor’s Scholarship is TCU’s most competitive merit award and includes full tuition for eight semesters. Students who are selected to compete for a Chancellor’s Scholarship will be invited to participate in an interview weekend, which usually takes place in February. For this reason, students who believe they may be eligible for the Chancellor’s Scholarship are highly encouraged to apply Early Action or shortly thereafter. While all applicants are considered for a scholarship, those who apply after the Chancellor’s Scholarship selection process has ended will not be considered for this prestigious award.”