Academic Scholarship Notification

<p>Does anyone have any idea when TCU will begin notification of academic scholarship awards?</p>

<p>If you don’t have an ACT score of 27 are you still elligible for TCU scholarships or grants?</p>

<p>Scholarships are now showing online. Login to my.tcu.edu and go to Financial Aid to see your award!</p>

<p>Does anyone know when a decision has been mailed, would the financial aid change on line then as well, or do they wait until the 3rd day when the status changes to announce the decision?</p>

<p>My child received a letter today awarding her a scholarship. SAT’s 800, 700, 800. Her friends who applied had equally competitive scores.</p>

<p>I check online under the financial aid section and it says i received the TCU scholarship worth 8,000 a year. I hate to sound ungrateful but I must admit I am a little disappointed. I received 12,000 a year from SMU which in my opinion is a more competitive school and I was hoping I would receive at least that from TCU. I have a friend who receives 12,000 a year from TCU and he got no scholarship at all at SMU. I guess I’m being silly but TCU is expensive! Are the decisions online the final ones?</p>

<p>Picky…did your childs FAid information appear online before you rec’d it in the mail. I am wondering, because we are still awaiting a decision. D’s status says decision has been mailed. Should I be seeing anything on line about scholarships yet, or will that come after we receive the decision?</p>

<p>I just received the Dean’s Scholarship today. I am happy that I got it, but I wonder what it took to be offered a Chancellor’s. Has any body gotten one yet? If so, can you describe your stats? And is their a chance that your scholarship can be upgraded?</p>

<p>I also received the Dean’s Scholarship.</p>

<p>Congrats all scholarship recipients! Would you please advise if you received any honors college invitations with the $ offer?</p>

<p>I also received the dean’s scholarship on Wednesday. The letter said that the Chancellor’s scholarships would not be awarded until the second week of Febuary so we should all just hang tight</p>

<p>How long after you are were accepted was that it showed your scholarship online or mail? I’m wondering because I was accepted on 12/22.</p>

<p>I was accepted on December 7 and got my scholarship letter on December 21. So give it about two weeks.</p>

<p>I was accepted on December 8 and have yet to receive a scholarship letter or notification on My TCU EDU. All of the schools I was admitted to (except for TCU right now) gave me a merit scholarship. Is anyone else in the same predicament as me and still waiting? It’s beginning to get nerve wracking.</p>

<p>hkg999, I was accepted the same date and have not received any notice of merit scholarship yet either. Won’t be going without some help.</p>

<p>Last year, the Dean’s Scholarship offers came with an Honors College offer and Milton Daniel Housing offer. Is it different this year?</p>

<p>Just FYI chancellors scholarships are being awarded differently this year. They are interviewing the potential scholars so unless you are notified that you have received an interview (which i know some, but not ALL have received already) you won’t be getting one, even an interview doesn’t garuntee it. I’m a current chancellor’s scholar and its competitive and not all about grades, but its getting harder this year. Good luck all!</p>

<p>Does anyone know if Academic Scholarships are pretty much automatic if ACT is 33, SAT 2050? Is TCU still mailing them out?</p>

<p>Marilyn1961, I would call the Admissions Office. Everyone is so friendly and helpful there. It seems as if the process is changing. TCU is becoming more and more selective and getting bombarded with applications now so policies seem to be getting updated. </p>

<p>My son had slightly higher test scores than the ones you listed, a 4.3 GPA out of a 4.0 scale, almost 300 hours of community service, captain of his varsity sports team, lots of other extracurricular activities, and various awards for his character and work ethic, and received the Deans’ Scholarship. He now lives in Milton and all the freshmen there are driven, highly accomplished kids. </p>

<p>Good luck to you! Keep us posted!</p>

<p>Thank you Rice…finally received the Dean’s Scholarship this week!! So very happy:) Appreciate your feedback! I’m glad to hear your son is having such a good experience and loving Milton!</p>